Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've almost bought this several times over the last 2 years, this time I couldn't talk myself out of it.
I haven't bought anything stupid in quite a few years so what the heck...
It's the Sideshow Collectables life size Grogu with the extra sets of ears and hands.
Arms, legs, and mouth are articulated.

Normal ears:
Sleeve Fawn Art Toy Artifact

Alternate ears:
Fawn Toy Art Eyewear Personal protective equipment

Eyebrow Eye Toy Textile Eyelash

Administrator
Cute! Where did you decide to display it? I hope it is on the night stand in the guest room! 馃檭

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For now it's on a little table in the living room.
I am somewhat concerned about dust, the hair is delicate and they warn you not to do anything like comb it, so I may have to build an acrylic box for it.

Administrator
They also have those glass domes at Hobby Lobby. If you can find one big enough. Some are not glass - maybe plastic or acrylic so not as heavy.

Reactions: karl s

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A dome would have to be way too large, the ears make it 16 inches wide so that would have to be the diameter of a dome.
Including the base I'll need something 20"H X 16"W X 10"D.

Administrator
You might be able to find a stock aquarium near that size or have one custom made. And add your own wood trim if want or later on...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The aquarium idea was interesting until I calculated the volume, it would have to be a tall 15 gallon tank, I could buy another Grogu for less than the cost of one of those... Aquarium prices are kind of crazy once you go over 5 to 10 gallons.

There are plenty of places I could order custom cut acrylic sheets and glue them together myself, but still expensive, I'll probably try the thin sheets you can get at Lowe's first.

At some point I'll want a base with a drawer to hold the spare hands and ears.

Administrator
Perhaps you can cut down on the volumn if you looked for or built it as a 6 sided shaped to accommodate the ear span. Will be interesting to see the final design.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I could probably cut down on the size of each panel by optimizing the shape, but that would mean if I wanted a clear top panel it would be a custom shape, most places charge more if you have to send them a drawing with the shape so that would negate the cost savings... I could make the bottom, back, and top out of wood and have just the sides and front clear, then I could put some LEDs in there and light him up, and add the drawer I want in the bottom as well. Now I've got lots to think about...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts