Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are many Lesney and Matchbox models in BP livery. Feel free to post them here. Like this one:

But now to the actual opening party. It had to be a group welcome too. First up for the gathering we find Uncle Porsche. He doesn't like to be recognized so he hides his BP logo under a big 3 on the door. But when we look at him sideways, we can still see it.

The older friends have lived here for a few months now. They know the place. Most days they prefer to stay in their own rooms.

But today they had to come out for the group photo and to welcome the new family members. They're a bit shy. Virgins, you know. Touched for the very first time since 1987 or 88, well, since Madonna last had a hit.

First up, cousin Porsche. He's more open with his BP logos, not like his closet uncle.

Japanese exchange student Nissan has checked in too. He thinks he's a racer.

The German guy comes in last. He doesn't have a sense of humour and he blushes easily. He's red already and hides the BP logos a bit.

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Still, nobody can escape the group shots. Time to open everything you have, no matter how you embarrass yourself. Open doors, open hoods? Man, cover yourselves, there are kids in the room!

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
The gang is all here, almost. I have a BP tanker thats packed away someplace and I don't have a pic. The tanker by the way, would be the busybody, yet lovable neighbor who always walks into the house unannounced, accompanied by the laughter of a live studio audience.

Alas, the only one who showed up - the mischievous uncle. Full of interesting stories and off color jokes... In his younger years, he had style, he had grace. Just like Greta Garbo, and Monroe. Dietrich and DiMaggio... Let him in, let him in!

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Good timing for this thread as I just added a bunch of new BP stuff.

First for the Gas Pumps. 1 Set was purchased right here on HT and the other arrived at my house yesterday from ebay along with the two Autotankers.

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Chorton, that's what I was thinking about when I started the thread. Awesome. The Dodge wrecker is a favourite of mine although I don't own one yet. Love the king size truck and the petrol pumps.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Okay I don't have any spare time now to go hunting through my collection for stuff to take photos of, so I did a quick search through my photobucket album and found a few old shots of some of the prepros of the British BP series that was canceled.

These will have to do for now.

:) :D :p

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
All of this stuff is great.Cool thread.

Chorton stellar work on the old Lesneys.

I have to say,I loved those castings as a kid,and the wheels swap and the detailing you did really brought them to the next level.

I guess anymore with the Lesney line being dropped,any chance of a re boot or two of some of these iconic Matchboxes is just a pipe dream.

Mike

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All of this stuff is great.Cool thread.

Chorton stellar work on the old Lesneys.

I have to say,I loved those castings as a kid,and the wheels swap and the detailing you did really brought them to the next level.

I guess anymore with the Lesney line being dropped,any chance of a re boot or two of some of these iconic Matchboxes is just a pipe dream.

Mike
Hey Mike,

Scroll down here http://www.shabbir.com/matchbox/2012gathering.html and check the 60th anniversary line. Looks like Lesney Edition to me, just on new cards with a new title. Good news?

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
the 60th anniversary line. Looks like Lesney Edition to me, just on new cards with a new title. Good news?
Or they could be basic re-colors of the standard 1-120 line like they were for the 55th. Anniversary models in 2007. But it sounds like they're putting in a little more effort for these. Pictures will tell... And a chase car, of course. :rolleyes: This will mark the first time MB has gone the chase car route won't it?

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Almost. Google "matchbox gold challenge". :eek:
Yeah I remember those old gold challenge cars.

They weren't hard to find.

Different times tho.There weren't ten guys in every town driving around looking for hotwheels all day.

No one really wanted them.Chase car mania was still a few years off.

Good times.

Mike

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't actually like a lot of the castings. I mean...the stinger? rottwheeler? Tailgator? But even actual cars look too short or otherwise out of proportion there. Still, I pulled the trigger and the Isuzu Rodeo will be in the mail next week. I can live with that one if I just wanted one of the golds. School Bus and Chevy Blazer were the only other options.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts