Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I pretty much followed the painting instructions from the kit using Vallejo acrylics both airbrushed and by hand. The sofa was a mix of red and mahogany for the leather and yellow ochre/mahogany for the wood which was then oversprayed with mahogany/burnt umber for the dark areas. Toonarmy over on resin illuminati explained the process for the nameplate painting and the colour for the bride was inspired by a mike hill sculpture of Elsa Lanchester.

Clactonite

·
Registered
342 Posts
Looks great! Love it! And color me old school, but I think I'm going to go green with my Monster, too. You've got some nice subtleties going on with the skin tones on yours!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Perfect choices for skin tones. The paint job does an excellent job of pulling the whole scene together. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Regards,
MattL

·
Registered
29 Posts
I pretty much followed the painting instructions from the kit using Vallejo acrylics both airbrushed and by hand. The sofa was a mix of red and mahogany for the leather and yellow ochre/mahogany for the wood which was then oversprayed with mahogany/burnt umber for the dark areas. Toonarmy over on resin illuminati explained the process for the nameplate painting and the colour for the bride was inspired by a mike hill sculpture of Elsa Lanchester.

Clactonite
I need to try Vallejo paint; I see some beautiful work done with these paints. I am still on the fence about a BW or color version of this kit. Thanks for the information on the other site. Again, fantastic work!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the comments chaps. Anyone who hasn't invested yet, go and get one of these kits. It is without a doubt the most fantastic styrene figure kit I have built, well engineered and beautifully sculpted.

Clactonite

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
PS WhittlePlastic,
this is the first time I have used Vallejo and I am very impressed. They seem to have more "depth" of colour than the Tamiya paints I usually use.
Also, their matt varnish is by far the best I have ever used, flat, even and non yellow. Bloody marvellous stuff.

Clactonite

1 - 14 of 14 Posts