·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Hot dang, that sucker just jumps out at ya !! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
ChrisW said:
Nice job - the colors certainly mimic the original Bama!
In other words, it's sort of The Bride From 'A La Bama. HAW!!! Um ... ok ... I'll shut up now.

Beautiful work, Trendon!

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Another awsome job on the box art kits Mike. I liked flipping through the other ones on your site as well. That's the first time I saw the King Kong. I never realized how pissed off he looked at the girl.

·
Lifetime Quacka
1,725 Posts
Zorro said:
In other words, it's sort of The Bride From 'A La Bama. HAW!!! Um ... ok ... I'll shut up now.

Beautiful work, Trendon!
hahahaha....Killer JOB! This is my favorite of all of the box art kits and you have done a superb job of successfully executing a top notch finished product! BRAVO!

·
Premium Member
6,014 Posts
Nice job, Trendon! It's the kind of work that inspires one to rush out and get the kit for one's own.

There are 2 questions I have that your photos don't answer: how is the light fixture in the background suspended, and how did Mr. Yagher deal with the issue of the table supports, which just sort of fade off to the right on the box art?

Oh, and your mousse cap worked great for the electrical box dome. It looks very clear - did you dip the part in Future?

Mark McG.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Mark McGovern said:
Nice job, Trendon! It's the kind of work that inspires one to rush out and get the kit for one's own.

There are 2 questions I have that your photos don't answer: how is the light fixture in the background suspended, and how did Mr. Yagher deal with the issue of the table supports, which just sort of fade off to the right on the box art?

Oh, and your mousse cap worked great for the electrical box dome. It looks very clear - did you dip the part in Future?

Mark McG.

I'm guessing that the suspended light is connected behind that wheel - it appears as if the rod goes up ( then out of the frame ) probably bends horizontally then bends downward again ( back into the frame ) where we see the light fixture at the end.

As for the table supports... here's the best pic I could find:

- GJS

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hello,

The Batman's answers are correct.
As for the clear cap, I used Delta Ceramcoat clear Varnish.
Thanks again for the kind words.

Mike

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
ooooo ! i didn't know Delta made a clear varnish . gotta go by Hobby Lobby now and get some .
again , great job T !
hb

·
Premium Member
6,014 Posts
Thanks, Bats. When I set out to build my Aurora/Polar Lights Bride, I thought I'd try to tilt the table up. The 45-degree angles of the table support members won't permit that because there's too little clearance to the floor. In order to raise the table, one would have to cut away the kit parts, then graft that semicircular mount onto new pieces of 1/4" square styrene stock that are mitred to meet at 30-degree angles. If you look at Bats' photo of the rear of the Monsters In Motion Bride's table, you can see that sharper angle in relation to the base.

For now I'll just mop up the drool on my desk from looking at Trendon's model.

Mark McG.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts