Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be finishing up the first build of the Big Aries kit this week. It will be fully painted, so it will look really cool. I want to share a photo here, which sort of illustrates how things are going--

This shows how the seat in front of the window (each window) blocks the view of the interior. Quite frustrating, from a photographic standpoint! But you can see the elevator and one of the Zero-G Toilets, as well as part of the ceiling. I'm going to shoot another angle, by moving the window over, out of line, so we can see more of the interior and I'll post that soon.

Scott

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure how to answer that question. The model is 15 inches in diameter, 1:32 scale. Since there is no way for the galley to fit into the model, the passenger cabin and flight deck are included. What you see in the photo is the view of the passenger cabin through one of the windows. You can follow the build here:

15-inch Aries 1-B Build

Scott

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
i ment how big will it be,
i liked how they had the girl take food to the flight deck.
its to bad they never showed how they get down once they landed on the moon.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
i ment how big will it be,
i liked how they had the girl take food to the flight deck.
its to bad they never showed how they get down once they landed on the moon.
I'm guessing there was an extending docking tube in the Clavius trench that connected with the door visible on the side of the Aries.

·
Registered
255 Posts
...i liked how they had the girl take food to the flight deck.
Except that in the film she goes through the wrong door to get there :) As far as I can tell she should be going through the door at the top of the screen cap.

The elevator runs vertically through the Aries and the cockpit is at the top of the ship. The door that the Flight Attendant is going through would lead to the side of the ship, not the top.

Since the elevator does not run all the way up to the cockpit the cockpit must be above the elevator. The only doorway that could lead from the galley to an area above the elevator, to the cockpit, is the doorway at the top of the galley.

Gordon

·
Oxidation Genius
31,283 Posts
I love how they thought the Velcro slippers would be the way to go. Seems like an awful lot of physical effort to use them, now that we've seen 30 years worth of astronauts zipping easily about like flying squirrels in zero-G.

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
Considering when the film was made all astronauts just rode strapped in seats (except for a couple spacewalks) they did fairly well trying to extrapolate how things could be.
Also of note- they had to guess what color the moon was close up- the only images for reference were in black and white at the time. They had to film the moon scenes before color came along and watched the first images with baited breath to see how close they came.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts