Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A good engine for the Associated RC10T4?

Ok I just got a Associated RC10T4 and I want to make it go faster and such so what would be a very good engine to get for it. I understand the concept of how many turns one engine has compaared to another but I am having a little trouble finding a good engine because I just got into the electric r/c's. Help will be very, very apreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,140 Posts
You never said... Are you going to RACE or PLAY..? The Speed Gems Pro line of motors make great play motors or economy Modified race motors...

For Stock class racing, I think the motors based on the EPIC P2K2 are best for trucks, although the 'Monster' based motors are very fast, but much harder to get the gearing right on...

Nitpick: "Engines" are internal combustion power plants... Electric vehicles use "Motors"... Not trying to give you a hard time, but misuse of the "Engines" label can be confusing...

·
Registered
241 Posts
For a true economical motor, go for an Orion Revolution. You can get 20+ runs out of a pair of brushes. On my Speed Gem, I could only get 2 runs on a pair. The Orion modified motors come in 7-14 turns and 1-3 winds. I would suggest getting a 13 turn double wind.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
alright i will do that. but on the web site there are a few diff. revolution motors whitch one do i get? and what exactly are the brushes for anyways?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
if you want real low maintence and dont want to spend money on brushes or worn out motors buy a brushless system. with them u can control how fast the motor is and how much torque or power you want out of them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts