Best eating spots:
1. Babe's Chicken in Burleson, Tx.
2. Logans Roadhouse in Indy & Burleson
3. Lone-Star Steakhouse in Anderson, In.
4. We bee smokin bar b que in Kansas....great ribs and lots of fries
Worst eating spot:
1. Perkins on the east side of Indy
1. Super 8 in Algona, IA....it's priced right race track accross the street
2. Howard Johnson...Burleson TX...high priced but handy
Worst state to drive thru:
1. Illinois high gas prices and takes forever going north to south
2. Iowa seen one cornfield you've seen them all Hiway 20 goes forever
3. Indiana kinda like Illinois but with cheaper gas
Best state to drive thru:
1. Missouri cheaper gas than Illinois and better roads
2. South Carolina
Larry that rest area is about 8 miles from my house it is unique its a actual SATURN 1-B rocket they just restored it about 2 years ago if you ever get the chance stop buy the NASA air and space museum in huntsville very neat
Yes its still there. Clayton would allow a race to happen, it needs some work, lights are gone,No drivers stand.
If someone wanted to put the effort and money to resurect the track ,im sure Clayton would have no problem with it.