Hobbyist Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building a kitbash ship made out of the AMT USS Enterprise A. It is going to be a constitution class ship lost at the end of the 23rd century the USS Endeavor, the very last Contitution class ship built in the 23 century it was lost in 2283. It was found by the Maquis nearly 100 years after its dissaperance (at least what was left of the Maquis after the start of the dominion war and the DMZ colonies were destroyed) . The ship was towed to the federation colony of Torianas III where there is an unused federation drydock that the Maquis use to repair thier ships.

Following the Dominion take over of the Cardasian Union they swept through the DMZ completely destroying the all of the Teran colonies in the area, which pretty much completely destoryed the Maquie rebles. The ones who did survive were exhonorated and brought back into the federation.

At the start of the Dominion war the Ex Maquis that still had ships avalable were enlisted by the federation for a specific mission. Protect the supply lines to the outer reagon colonies. Their major missions were to run convoy prtection for cargo ships that ran close to the Dominion border. However their ships are outdated and old, but heavily modifyed.

With this mission in mind the maquis set out to refit their new find the USS Endeavor. They claimed salvage rights and took possetion of the vessal. Upon arrival to Torianas III they began upgrading the Endeavor.

Here are some of the upgrades to the ship....

The phaser emitters were replaced with Mark X phaser arrays.

The forward section of the primary hull was fitted with 4 torped tubes, and 4 pulse phaser emittors.(LIKE THE USS DEFIANT)

The warp core was replaced with a MarkIX defiant class warp core.

The warp nacells were replaced with ascention class nacells, capable of sustaining a cruising speed of warp 7 unlike the old nacells that the ship was designed with.

The hull is outfitted with regenrative ablative hull armor, along with the rest of th hull being outfitted with veritainium armor. (this was actually developed by the Xindi to be used on starships but was never excepted by star fleet in any of its designs)

Here are some [ics of what I have so far

Primary hull with some Azteking.

A better shot of the decal sheet, this is blown up by my camera but it is going to go on the warp nacells

azteking on the secondary hull using tiles that are on this model as a guide.

I chose a totaly random pattern that I just drew in on masking tape that was over the hull for the aztek pattern, I think it makes sence being that this is not a Federation starship. Also some of the colors are going be differant such as the RCS thrusters are going to glow blue intead of amber since like I said it is not a federation ship and the thrusters, (as well as other parts for the ship) were purchased from traders of differant races to rebuild this ship. When I complete the ship I am going to post pics of it obviously being completed, but I am also going to include the story of the ship as well.

BTW I believe that the hatches on the top of the primary hull that has always been seen with every model of this ship that I have ever seen are the escape pod/lifeboats. I painted those red being that if you are in an escape pod you would want to be found, and that would be an easy color to see.

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are the parts that I still need to get

Saucer mounted torpedo tubes

Officers mess

CORRECT SCALE SHULLTE CRAFT

CORRECT WINDOW BLANKS

WAP NACELLS

FRONT OF THE NACELL

DREADNOUGHT BRIDGE

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LIGHTING PARTS FROM DLM

THE TORPEDOS TUBES THAT WILL BE ADDED TO THE SECONDARY HULL

THE CLEAR IMPULSE DECK

THE CORRECT B/C DECKS

SHUTTLE BAY

CLEAR FIELD GENERATORS

TARGETING SENSORS

WELL THAT IS STILL WHAT i HAVE TO BUY. NOT CHEAP BUT IT WILL LOOK AWSOME

·
Oxidation Genius
31,371 Posts
Can't wait to see those "wap nacelles" in action! ;)

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok I am starting on Azteking the bottom of the primary hull today. I think to make the windows really bright and use less LED's in it I am going to use fiber optic strands! Any ideas on how to get them to stick to an LED though?:unsure:

Here is the fiber 35 cents per foot and I am getting 150 feet to last a while. It's unjacketed fiber at 1.5mm total is about 53.00 including shipping, but the good thing is it will be good for more then just this project!

I am going to use this fiber instead of using a colored LED

1.5mm .060"" Used for Gun & Bow sights. You get 3 ft of each color, Red,Bue ,Green,Yellow, and Orange

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Get a tube or something similar that fits the diameter of the led, then put the fiber optics in the tube and putty around it to prevent light leaks. All of the light will be forced out of the ends of the FO cable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.