Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my latest job for my client in Oregon. It is the Aurora Crusader model from the late '50s I believe. All the models I have done for him so far have been old and relatively rare Aurora models. This is likely the most intricate and detailed I've done yet.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the positive comments everyone. As for that simulated wood Chris, I painted a gray undercoat of Rustoleum and then I used Liquitex acrylics out of the tubes for doing the wood. I used burnt sienna mixed with a bit of black and used a stiff wide brush to put it on dragging it out coarsely across the base. I just did this again with a Moebius Dr. Jekyll I am building and it worked even better.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Very nice job. At least it looked like a fairly neat old build up.
:thumbsup:
Again thanks everyone. As for a neat build up, it was a mess! I tore it down as much as possible and only the major assemblies stayed in one piece for the rework. Then body, head, and torso were the only ones I couldn't get apart. The legs, arms, hands, head, helmet, etc. all came off. I painted as much of it in separate pieces as made sense. I also used the Dremel to add back in the chain mail effect where fixing the seam filled the chain mail. It is a pretty nice kit for its day. Up next is the Aurora Viking which I am having trouble finding any information out on the web for. If anyone has any pictures etc. I would appreciate seeing them.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Thanks for the positive comments everyone. As for that simulated wood Chris, I painted a gray undercoat of Rustoleum and then I used Liquitex acrylics out of the tubes for doing the wood. I used burnt sienna mixed with a bit of black and used a stiff wide brush to put it on dragging it out coarsely across the base. I just did this again with a Moebius Dr. Jekyll I am building and it worked even better.
Nice, looks real.

I've got the Crusader, but his darn spear is a little, er, flaccid.:p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts