-new drivers stand
-electrical hook ups
-on-site hobby shop

current classes running:

-pro nitro truck
-novice nitro truck
-stock nitro touring
-pro 2wd truck
-6.0 pan car breakout class (new this season,exciting!)

visit www.theantiquebarn.net for details
click on r/c car races

stay tuned for details on a big summer bash. any class welcome, any time. we prefer a minimum of 3 entries but we have ran just 2.

come on out and join us for a great day of fun!

·
Registered
15 Posts
oval racing at the barn

I plan to be there on 5/14/04 one eye and all. I think you guys should give me at least a 2 lap advantage so I will be on a level playing field. I mean what kind of bragging can you do if you whip up on the handicapped ?

Tachie

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good one tachie!!!

man i hope they get your eye fixed. i think we are going to have a decent crowd this weekend. is eric coming w/ you?

see ya there!

·
Registered
15 Posts
It is 9:30 am and getting ready to load up and go get Eric. He is going to try the bracket class if he can get it all together. See ya at the track.

Tachie

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
man, what a great day of racing!!!

first i would like to thank everyone for their support of the 6.0 breakout class. i am glad we decided to let those w/ electric touring cars run w/ us. i think we can continue w/ this formula for a while. some have mentioned maybe going to 5.5 sec., but i think we should run like this for a while. at this rate of growth we will have 15 racers in this class before long. we had 4 entries the first trial weekend and 8 on the first official race. i have also heard of about 3 more for next time.

second, i want to remind everyone of the scheduled "work on the track day" next saturday may 22nd. we will paint the wall and possibly lay some of the inner apron in the turns.

last, congrats to all the winners yesterday:

nitro novice: evan fortier
6.0 spec: james stroud (oval racer 2)
2wd pro electric truck: gerry moore
nitro touring stock: james stroud (oval racer 2)
nitro pro truck: marty harrell (tachie)

next race saturday june 5th
come on out and join us!

·
Registered
15 Posts
work on track

I triied to reply earlier but I had prob. with server. I will try to be there Sat.but I might be a little late 10:00 am or so assuming that I am up to it . Feeling a little puny lately.

Tachie the one-eyed Jack

·
Registered
15 Posts
You didnt stay for the mains Sunday so I will tell you that I lucked out and got a twofer this weekend. All 7 sec laps in the Main,41 I think for the win.

Tachie

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Racing June 5th!!!

we will be running our next race on june 5th.
we got the wall painted this past saturday. we also started laying the apron in the corners. steve vowed to have turns 3&4 done by race day. thanks to all that came out to help. this place is starting to look top notch, lets keep making it better!!!

see ya on the 5th!!!!!

p.s. congrats tachie on your double win weekend!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks Oval , I am looking forward to testing my new body and hoping for some 4 sec laps to try and keep the road hot behind if not in front of you. I dont think the paint is going to bother me ,probably help. The apron is going to look good but I am really afraid 2" of concrete is not going to hold up under the weight of a turn marshal. With all the rain they got Sat. night it may not still be there. 6 inches I am told. It washed Thunder Alley into the center. Going to have to drag it back out on the track and pack it back down.

Tachie

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the wall looks nice. i hope steve actually finishes the apron in time for the next race. i think it will be nice.

i heard about thunder alley. i was going to run sunday, but i called first. maybe this sunday?? i sure hope so b/c two weeks with no racing will drive me nutty!!!!!!!!!!!!

oval racer 2

·
Registered
15 Posts
Maybe the weather will co-operate this coming weekend. Maybe we can do a makeup race on Monday, holiday you know.

Tachie

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have been told by Steve that some guys are coming to race T-Maxx class. Anyone reading this bring them on it might be interesting. Big trucks, small track might even get some 6 sec laps out of these monster trucks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey Oval we are not getting a lot of traffic on this site. I was hoping to see the results of July 3 posted but no luck. I am looking forward to the Chatham r/c trip this Sat. I might not do good but I want to see this track up close.
See you Sat Morning at BJ,s.

TMtachie

·
Registered
15 Posts
I liked the track ,just wish I had finished a race. It would take me a while to get used to the narrow back stretch. It calls to you to flatfoot and it lies,you can't make it.

Tachie

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

I Love Racing At Chatham!!!

Yes, The Back Stretch Is Tricky W/ The Trucks.
I Enjoy Running The Nitro Pan Cars Up There!!!!

Racing This Weekend At The Antique Barn At 1:00

Tachie: I May Not Run At The Barn Saturday, I Am Seriously Thinking About Going Back To Chatham To Run The Region 3 Roar Race W/ The Nitro Pan

Good Luck Saturday!

·
Registered
15 Posts
OK Oval ease on down there and show them boys how to turn left. It is fun coming out of 4 and blowing smoke for 190 ft.

Tachie

1 - 20 of 38 Posts