Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local hobby shop just got the old Amtronic kit. I just got the cardboard display base assembled. This is a neat kit. I never had it when it first came out. If you look carefully at it, you could probably turn it into the transport ship from the "V" series. Pics will post when finished

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I got my amtronics when they were re-issued 10 years ago..still have em unbuilt...will get to one of them one of these days...

Z

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
My local hobby shop just got the old Amtronic kit. I just got the cardboard display base assembled.
Good to see the display base back. Have they also included the original pamphlet that explains how the vehicle was supposed to work, along with a detailed description of its advanced "futuristic" tires? (The concept was a Goodyear project, IIRC.)

I don't see how those wimpy little fans could support the car on an air cushion!

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
That's part of the reason I ended up gluing everything shut and making a shuttlecraft out of it!
Yeah... I can see the reasoning behind that. This kit and the old IMC cars had great planning but were hampered by 1960s model kit molding and engineering limitations. They were overly ambitious for what could (and couldn't be done)

·
Oxidation Genius
31,283 Posts
Yup, Staedtler "Text Surfer" highlighters. Now long out of production, sadly.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I just picked this up from my LHS and, at first glance, this looks like a really fun kit. I was picking it up to turn into a shuttle or something but I don't know...it looks like it would make a pretty cool car! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts