Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Even bigger bummer so many people drove from so far away only for the race to be called off when they knew the night before, let alone bright and early saturday morning, that the track was nearly submerged. A little communication would have been great. Total redlining of the BS-O-Meter right there :freak:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think many people didn't show because of the weather thurs. and fri. Not to mention the rain the track got early saturday before the sun came up.
It probably would have ment marshalling and pittman duties at the same time, which would have really sucked.

I know there is a contact# on the front page of the website, I live just at an hour away and shoulda called, but I didn't. So I had a nice drive in the country.

It is what it is, and someone has to make the call, whether it is the popular one or not.

However, I can't wait to get back to the track and run the snot outta my buggy.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
1/5 Scale is still available at Area 54

Brian,
Every race but the Ohio Pro Series and the Ironman, we will have 1/5 Scale. Those two races are cooperative races with other tracks, Series races, and they do not run 1/5 scale at their track.
If you have any questions, feel free to give a call.
Rob
(937) 605-2578

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Brian,
Yes the Pro Series is somewhat limited to what they call Racing classes. Unfornately they do miss the boat when it comes to Monster Truck, Baja, and possibly other classes. Where better for a Monster Truck or Baja driver to be exposed to 1/8 scale buggy or Short Course competition than at a Pro Series race.
Rob

·
Registered
452 Posts
Is there gonna be a new layout for this race?

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
I had a really good time running there saturday :thumbsup: Fantastic track, epic driverstand, lucked out on the rain......pretty much a perfect day of racing:thumbsup:

Rob, you had that AE 4x4 running pretty good! I had some type of electrical issue at the end...the last 2.5 laps I could barely get my truck around the track :freak: Throttle would cut out...steering would quit responding then turn at random... One more lap and you prolly would have had me!!!!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Awesome track! Looking forward to coming back soon!!

21 - 37 of 37 Posts