Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At Wal-Mart, anyway. Hit the Marion Wal-Mart today. I figured my odds were best since it was still early. If they restocked, I might be among the first to get to pick from the new stuff. If.

Turns out they had, and they apparently got in several of the new cases as well. Found the '11 Dodge Charger Super, and the Tyrell P24 reg. There were also 6 or 8 of the regular Chevelle Hunts. Until I found the Charger, I was considering picking up all of the Chevelles (even though it bugs me when I see poeple do that), so I could list them for trade for the other regs I still need.

If they are still there (unlikely) when I have more cash on hand, I might still. but at least for now, they nice and visible and maybe some ids will get one (if they get there before the scalpers do).

In Herrin, they also re-stocked with new stuff, and I managed to snag a couple of "The Bat"s, one for me, and one for my son, as well as the Year of the Dragon Rodzilla.

It really is a shame that's the best day I'll have until they decide to mark things up for the holidays...

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
Why is it that it seems like EVERYONE but me falls into things like this from time to time. I've only experienced the thrill of finding a TH in the wild ONCE! (mutter, mutter, grumble... :cry:) Seriusly, congratulations on your find AND on your class move leaving those other Chevelles for others to find!

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Why is it that it seems like EVERYONE but me falls into things like this from time to time. I've only experienced the thrill of finding a TH in the wild ONCE! (mutter, mutter, grumble... :cry:)
You're not the only one, Jim. I've only found three Treasure Hunts in the wild...and I've been looking since 1995!

I believe if I'd found that many Treasure Hunts at one time, I'd have picked up at least a couple-few for RAOK'ing out.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why is it that it seems like EVERYONE but me falls into things like this from time to time. I've only experienced the thrill of finding a TH in the wild ONCE! (mutter, mutter, grumble... :cry:) Seriusly, congratulations on your find AND on your class move leaving those other Chevelles for others to find!
I don't know about your shopping habits, but I go around the area stores two or three times per week, knowing I won't find anything most of the time. Of course that may be why I had to liquidate my collection of 2011-2012 Hot Wheels, I just bought too many.

As far as the class move: It always drives me up the wall when I see people posting pics that have 6 or 8 duplicates (including TH's). I mean, how is that fair?

·
Registered
610 Posts
I saw a bunch of Surf Crates (only bought 2) and a Chevelle Convertible at the Walmart on Bank Street in Ottawa South on Friday. That was after picking up the Chevy Malibu and the '92 Mustang at the nearby Wilson Independent supermarket. My best Treasure Hunts day ever.

I generally stop after buying 2 of each TH, one to keep carded and one to open, though occasionally I'll buy a third for trade purposes or to send to Mark of Classic Game Room Garage on Youtube.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I can see buying duplicates or more for trades or gifts. Either way if you bought several of the same they are going to go to someone who will enjoy them or need them for their collection.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Trades or gifts are one thing, but when people buy a lot of multiples strictly for Ebay... Especially if it means someone else looses out.

·
Registered
14,323 Posts
Why is it that it seems like EVERYONE but me falls into things like this from time to time. I've only experienced the thrill of finding a TH in the wild ONCE! (mutter, mutter, grumble... :cry:)
If you ever happen upon a store who just re-stocked the Hot Wheels with one full case or more, you'll probably find at least a Reg Hunt.

Like when I was at KMart the other day and found four open cases just sitting there. I found four Reg Chevelles - one in each box. I too don't believe in hogging stuff, so I didn't swipe them all. But also because I just wasn't impressed with it. But it's all timing, there are really no tricks beyond keeping your eyes peeled.

·
Registered
910 Posts
well this is one upside about the hobby not being as big here ive found plenty of ths in the wild both reg and super. theres not too many scalpers at least not in my area anyway.

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
I don't know about your shopping habits, but I go around the area stores two or three times per week, knowing I won't find anything most of the time.
Generally, I can only afford to hit a couple of stores each 2-week pay period. My wife has me on a strict allowance, and my lunch each weekday has to come out of that unless I want to eat the 'healthy' stuff she gets for the us at home. I'm a bit of an impulse buyer, so when I see a mainline that I like, I snap it up unless there are a dozen of them there. Then I feel secure that they will be around when I have a little more cash. If and when I find a Hunt, that will go into the basket. I've found full pegs several times, but I try to go through them pretty thoroughly when I do. Boxes waiting to be put out like Flaps commented on? Not yet.

well this is one upside about the hobby not being as big here ive found plenty of ths in the wild both reg and super. theres not too many scalpers at least not in my area anyway.
That does it... I'm moving down to Oz! :p

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, when I say I go two or three times a week, I'm also on a budget (especially since I'm out of work for the time being). I go, and usually don't bring something home, unless it is a hunt, or otherwise really fits my collection. I don't normally buy a whole lot of mainlines anymore, I just end up with junk.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts