Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple weeks ago I bought a gimmicky mp3 player speaker. One of those things "as seen on tv!" that I knew I should have left sit. It worked great for the first few hours. then the battery died, and it wouldn't recharge. So back to the store it goes! So since I had a little bit of cash on hand...

Picked this up for my son, he doesn't have one yet.

Finished my Batman set! Yay!

This came from Pit Road. I'm gonna leave this one in the package. What's more, the guy just bought a Hot Wheels collection, and I got a sneak peak at it. I found 6 of the Fatbax I've been trying to collect, with the possibility of finding more later. But he hadn't had a chance to go through it and price it all out, so his wife set the ones I found aside, took my info, and they'll call me back later with an offer. I could get the whole set in fell swoop.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bullet Speaker, yeah.

The thing is, I need something loud, since I work in a laundry room, otherwise it gets drowned out. I'll just go back to what I was using before.

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
Bullet Speaker, yeah.

The thing is, I need something loud, since I work in a laundry room, otherwise it gets drowned out. I'll just go back to what I was using before.
i picked up a pair of logitech speakers at wally for 12 bucks, pretty loud..

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I currently use an old iHome speaker that was on clearance at Kroger. Works well enough, but I have to crank the volume both on the speaker and the player to max. I have an old FM transmitter but by the time I pack all of that and a portable stereo...its just too much. If only the radio stations played a mix of music like I like to listen to. Wouldn't that be nice, and simpler too?

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
to the heck with most of those portable speaker systems some are good some are not but most are not loud enough for a laundry facility, i worked at one before so i know how loud it can get. if possible use a set of pc speakers that plug into the wall and most of all look at power output, something with like 500mw is not going to do much just read the package and find the one with the highest output.. i do have a nice logitech set i could pass along can be used with batts or a charger. nice haul by the way!...ok im off to hit a few more stores in earch of some treasures!

·
Banned
565 Posts
Congrats on your finds, I have one of those Ihome speakers (an older one), funny how I obtained it. My daughter was helping a friend out at a garage sale and someone wanted to know if the speaker would work so they plug it in and my daughter puts her ipod touch on it and it didn't work, you couldn't change the songs on the speaker, so she ends up coming home with it. She said they gave it to me because it was broke and I don't care if I can't change the songs on the thing. I said hmmmm let me see if my ipod nano works in it and low and behold it worked like a charm... :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts