Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
May I make one comment? Don't take this the wrong way - I think it looks great, but Goodyear Eagles came out in the late 1980's, not the 70's. Add a set of side pipes and some slapper bars under it and you'll have the classic 1970's high school hot rod!

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your right about the Eagles Jim, didn't even think about that... It used to have a set od handcrafted slapper bars until the grandkids got ahold of it...
I always thought side pipes were ugly on anything except a few Vettes !!!

This set up looked like it had those good ole "Hi-Jacker" air shocks !!!

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
i miss those wide ovals. traction bars and leaf spring extendors.
cherry bombs - glass packs. and dont forget the neon orange on the brake covers. lol
i like it steve. i like the stance

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
nice ride, or when you have no money for the air shocks we cut off pipe and stuck it between the diff and frame. Stiff ride but we thought we were cool

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Gotta disagree on the Lake Pipes. imo They'd look good on a conestoga wagon. :p

Shackels were about the only thing we did to a suspension when I was in high school. Never put 'em on my '55 'cause it destroyed the handling. I went with heavy duty shocks and sway bars front and rear. Couldn't outrun a NC State Trooper with the ass end stuck up in the air. Only thing was in a town as small as Marion, NC they knew where you lived. They'd pay you a visit by the time you got home. :cool:

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Gotta disagree on the Lake Pipes. imo They'd look good on a conestoga wagon. :p

Shackels were about the only thing we did to a suspension when I was in high school. Never put 'em on my '55 'cause it destroyed the handling. I went with heavy duty shocks and sway bars front and rear. Couldn't outrun a NC State Trooper with the ass end stuck up in the air. Only thing was in a town as small as Marion, NC they knew where you lived. They'd pay you a visit by the time you got home. :cool:
ANd you cant outrun a radio.

Steve, either way that Coronet is SWEET!!!! I love a set of Centerlines or SSTs. I would like to see M2 make some normal size wheels like that or GL too.

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
I always thought side pipes were ugly on anything except a few Vettes !!!
This set up looked like it had those good ole "Hi-Jacker" air shocks !!!
For the most part I agree about the side pipes. They look pretty good to me on most pony cars too.

I had a set of air shocks on a '73 Chevelle Laguna wagon I once owned, since I used it to haul stuff on occasion. But... It was sure hard to resist the temptation to run around town with the back end of the car boosted up to HERE! The car had the juice to back up the jacked-up look, with a well warmed-over 400 SBC under the hood hooked to a THM400 with a shift kit and a 2K converter, headers, dual exhaust with turbo mufflers and a 3:89 gear. I had it down the strip at Maple Grove on a "Test & Tune" day, and it came in in the high 12's at over 100 mph... on big ol' 225/70R-15 whitewalls. Keep in mind tis was our family car at the time, and I did the run with two child seats strapped into the back seat!

(I guess "Stuff" really wasn't the only thing that old car would "Haul"! :p)

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
ANd you cant outrun a radio.
Well.... In Marion you might could; one time. If they didn't get your tag #. But if you had the only car like it, the next time it hit the streets, they made sure they got you for something. The best thing was to plead stupidity and they might let you go with a warning. Then you were on "The List."

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Great setup. The one thing that bothers me and my little obsessive compulsive is that the car looks a bit tiny next to the mechanics. :lol:

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Great setup. The one thing that bothers me and my little obsessive compulsive is that the car looks a bit tiny next to the mechanics. :lol:
Ever tried to get "S" scale figures? Not a big choice there. Looks like there would be a heck of a market in folks like us.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts