Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Mustang Collector
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This arrived with my order of Fest Cars today. Not sure how many were given the label #TEST. Regardless it is very cool and a big thanks to Mark for making these available. This one will be proudly added to my Fest collection.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Before the question is asked, let me give the answer.

Unfortunately it has happened this year as well (some damage in final shipping). If I do a run of cars, I have found out that often times things happen between my purchase, delivery to me. Art design, delivery to the printer, pad print, and delivery back to me. Then there is still the need for one more delivery to the final customer. I hope original RC2 QC catches errors and I usually can't inspect each car to make sure there is no issues. Things happen so I order extras. The standard run is first filled to make sure we have the full set if possible, after all numbers are used, the test packaging is used from the test print which is run to make sure all the printing lines up and fits, usually one full page worth. Depending on package size, it can range from two to 8 cards. Anything left over is run off as a "sample" and used to replace cars that get damaged somewhere in the process. This program was not carried out obviously in the normal run of events and the whole thing was liquidated in one fell swoop. If there is a problem with a car, there is no replacement but I will gladly refund any order should there be a problem.

Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
triple20 said:
very cool,congrats...thanks for the pic

I wonder how many cars for each casting are labeled as "test"?
Ended up with 6 I think and 4 "sample" cars in the Camaro. There was more extra Camaros and Cobras then there was Commuter cars.

·
Vacation Needed
7,577 Posts
Too bad I didn't see these before it was too late. :(

Congrats Brad.. It looks like you got a nice car. :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts