Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pops comes through for me once again. Bought some stock overflow from another store and forwarded the following to me:

76 chevy G-20 White Lightning
Acura Integra White Lightning
1968 Shelby GT500 WL
77 Dodge D-150 White Lightning
2004 Cadillac Escalade White Lightning
33 ford Delivery 10th anniversary (2)
71 Plymouth Hemi Cuda 10th anniversary

Wasn't even my birthday! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hoosier-lightning said:
Can you elaborate on what STOCK OVERFLOW means? Does he work at a store?
He owns a HobbyTown USA. He bought out some stock from a store that went belly-up. Crap shoot as to what you get, sometimes it's a 800 pounds of crap, sometimes it's some cool stuff. This time I got some cool stuff! :jest:

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
CTWLSMIKE said:
Is this Hobbytown I don't want to shop at for JLs in Newington just in case I'm in the area?
No, dad's store is in Atlanta, Ga. As far as I know, the closest HTUSA in CT is in Southington/Plainville. Was there about two weeks ago, they had about 5 each of 4 cars. No selection, everything was from Classic Gold 20.

Don't worry, neither my dad nor I believe in pulling cars. THis was a special situation, anyone shopping down in GA can get all the WL's they can. First come first serve. He told me he had somewhere in the area of 2,000 on the pegs as of last week, so next time I'm down there you better believe I'm stopping there first!

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
70XR7 said:
No, dad's store is in Atlanta, Ga. As far as I know, the closest HTUSA in CT is in Southington/Plainville. Was there about two weeks ago, they had about 5 each of 4 cars. No selection, everything was from Classic Gold 20.

Don't worry, neither my dad nor I believe in pulling cars. THis was a special situation, anyone shopping down in GA can get all the WL's they can. First come first serve. He told me he had somewhere in the area of 2,000 on the pegs as of last week, so next time I'm down there you better believe I'm stopping there first!
Fair enough. I guess I'd shop there too if I was you. Congrats on the score.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hoosier-lightning said:
He has 2000 WLs on the pegs? Thought the store closed, how can anybody shop there?
No, he bought out a store that closed. His store is open and doing just fine! :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts