Hobbyist Forums banner

121 - 132 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
New season

Well this Wed is probably the last outdoor offroad day for us... We have our new bodies painted up for the BRP indoor season! Last winter was so ##$$%^ing cold we missed a number of days between Jan-Apr, I'm sure you guys along Lake Erie can relate! Our carpet needs some patching but The LiL BRP is tuned and ready. We have been using HPI MRS4 stel pinions and yes I know they are not right but after about ten laps they wear in and i went all season on one pinion. I do however have about 20 of buds push on pinions left. We have enough Foam to last into the new year but will be after some new stuff around then. Chat at ya soon Bud!
:)

·
Premium Member
8,168 Posts
Well this Wed is probably the last outdoor offroad day for us... We have our new bodies painted up for the BRP indoor season! Last winter was so ##$$%^ing cold we missed a number of days between Jan-Apr, I'm sure you guys along Lake Erie can relate! Our carpet needs some patching but The LiL BRP is tuned and ready. We have been using HPI MRS4 stel pinions and yes I know they are not right but after about ten laps they wear in and i went all season on one pinion. I do however have about 20 of buds push on pinions left. We have enough Foam to last into the new year but will be after some new stuff around then. Chat at ya soon Bud!
:)

Have fun wear them out :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you are looking for a reliable pinion we have used the RW Racing pinions.
They make a 2mm bore with standard 48p gears. These are the 'right' pitch steel pinions with grub screws to put them on and take them off. We race about 160 laps on them a night and about 3200 laps in a year, nothing close to what you guys do. I've been running it for 2 years(6500+ laps) and so far these have been wearing well.
RW Racing

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Welll we have burnt the first set of foam down to where the chassis is dragging and have two race nites on the second set, we have eased up a bit and seem to be running 350- 400 laps of races a nite. Actually wore the center out of the aluminum backing plate that holds the diff ring on the axle, causing the spur to float enough that its not possible to set gear mesh. Good thing for spares... The foam is disappearing at a faster rate than expected and my son has been out burning up parts and foam this year too so it looks like Bud can expect an order pretty soon...
Might just order another car too
BRP Rules!!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Brp foam

Well Bud we have burnt off all of last years foams and need about 8-10 new sets...
Hows stock?
shall we order on your site or email you?
maybe a couple new cars too.
the old ones just getting worn out, need a couple rear axles but its almost bettter to just get new car and keep old for spares.... not that they ever break.
In two years of constant abuse a dont believe that we have ever broken any part between 6 of us.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Winter season approaches

Gonna need a pile of foam! we managed to get thru last season but everything is burnt down to the chassis rubbing.
Hopefully Bud has some of the Nascar truck bodies in stock as we probably need about 6 of them too.
Poor ol truck has about 8000 laps on it, might just get a new one too...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
We have been at it since the end of september, Usually we turn about 450 laps per night, the weather has been great for our undersized heating system and we will be at it once more in 2015 next wednesday. Just waiting on a shipment of foam from Bud which should be along soon, along with some new bodies to spruce up the fleet and we should be good through 2016.
Hope all had a Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year in 2016!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Just received 56 sets of new foam thats 8 sets each for 7 of us i hope we can make it until the end of 2017 on that. We took a reas A$$ kicking due to the crappy canadian dollar rate

121 - 132 of 132 Posts