Hobbyist Forums banner

101 - 120 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
"Student Driver"!!!

check out the wing on Franks truck lolol
Mikedw added some caution for the rest of us Frank is completely new and now has 250 ish laps under his belt.... We stormed past and sometimes thru him on a few occasions l;ast week but he is getting better.
he has 250 laps
we have done probably 250,000 over the years soooo
we even set up the lap counter to say "student driver" as he passes the line.
he DOES have a good sense of humor.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
some group pix

5 of 6 one was undergoing a repair..

Car Crusher

just gettin a lil artsy with the camera...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
well we have managed to burn one set of foams up so far.
fronts down to 30.5mm Dia rears just as bad. It would also seem to be the expiry distance for Pinions too. three pinions failed in one evening i guess its not surprising as they all had similar mileage on them. any way on to set 2 of the foam 2nd pinion and spur... may need to order a couple more parts.... just simply wearing them out...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
560 laps last week figure we have averaged about 400 laps / nite times 6 nites = about 2400 laps per set of foams/ pinions... we shall have to try and track the second set and see if the numbers are similar

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Soooo I dont think we are running clockwise more than counter clock wise... However the passenger side foams have worn about 1.5mm smaller than the other side...
front and rear.

so I dug out a used pile of foam and found a couple replacements likely the drivers side set from the last...

we have found pinion wear is starting to be an issue i have almost worn two completely out this season so far.
600 laps last week and our laps are about 30 feet longer this year since we redid the track

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #110 (Edited)
Its amazing how you can go from getting fast lap one week to finishing way down and getting lapped two weekes later.
These little cars are great but when you lose the handle on the setup and someone else finds it you go from winning to getting lapped....twice!

Sooo this week it got the wholesale workover... new foam, new gears, and diff, added a tube between the rear axle bushings. We wear off so much foam the handling is great just before they get so small the chassis starts rubbing the carpet and then it goes all to hell... this can happen over the course of a race day as we do soooo many laps per nite.
usually emptying 6-7 or more 800 mah lipos in between 3pm and 11:30 sometimes more.
were gonna have to buy stock in BRP the last foam and pinion was installed Nov 14 and pinion expired last wed this is the 3rd set of foam and 3rd pinion this season order coming soon Bud still have 2 pinions and 2 sets of foam
almost forgot.. i added the tacon 3100 motor too. its quite a bit heavier and maybe that will help plant the rear end .

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Welll installed the 5th set of foams for next wed nite... Still have one set left and one more pinion have to get thru the rest of the season on that...
We have been grinding away at it every wed nite all winter and we are eagerly awaiting outdoor racing with NEW Losi SCTE 2.0's on order..
Just got another foot of snow :(

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Missed a week as the track owner was in vegas... Back at it this week
768 laps last time out.
My 21 year ols son has been kicking our butts with my MRS4... were gonna stick some lead on the car when hes not looking.
We keep hoping indoor is winding down but it was - 10 C ,12 F this morning... prob not a lot warmer in OHIO.. the snow is going but FAR from gone and another inch last nite.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Summertime hibernation

Well the little BRPs are put to bed for the summer and now that the snow is gone we are heading outdoors for the off road summer season.
We just managed to wear out 6 pinions, 6 sets of foams and when we say worn out we mean WORN OUT. chassis ragging pinions shedding teeth spurs hold up pretty good tho.
Prob need 10 pinions for next winter maybe an extra set of foam too.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #114 (Edited)
Massive BRP order!!!

Ok BUD Frank and I will be needing
20 prs blue fronts
20 prs blue rears
20 pinions
12 52 tooth spurs
2 truck bodies
should buy a whole kit for my son ... he is kicking our butts with the MRS4
which would mean prob 6 prs frt
6 prs rear plus 8 pinions and 4 spurs
he doesnt get out every week.
Krusty and Mike prob similar...
Hows the stock?
Wayne said there might be a problem with the spurs... can we source them elsewhere? Kimbrough doesnt seem to have them.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
As we are back at it for the winter more parts have been ordered and have arrived from Bud... Thanks.
We have been putting a thin layer of CA on the edge of the foams to keep them from sticking to walls / pipes etc.
after the last foam change after saucing the tires and running 2, 12 lap races it becomes undriveable... no rear traction at all.
discovered a thin lip of CA that once trimmed off, car went from undriveable to lap record for the nite...lol it doesnt take much to throw these little cars off their game but we DO love them...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
Theres a LHS, well 1/2 hr away thats putting in some carpet for a track. I think we will go and introduce them to BRP racing maybe the start of a second BRP group in the area...
maybe a little more business for BUD!
Its a great entry level right up to top notch car that can get people hooked for not too much$$$

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Theres a LHS, well 1/2 hr away thats putting in some carpet for a track. I think we will go and introduce them to BRP racing maybe the start of a second BRP group in the area...
maybe a little more business for BUD!
Its a great entry level right up to top notch car that can get people hooked for not too much$$$
More BRP's! That sounds good!!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Received two BRP's from fitadude a couple of weeks back one apparently set up by Micro racer... My 22 yr old son immediately was right in the hunt and getting fast laps after kicking butt with the MRS4 for the first half of the season...
We did 840 laps last week and have burnt two sets of foam down to where the chassis starts dragging so far this year.
Cant say again how much fun these little cars are.

101 - 120 of 132 Posts