Hobbyist Forums banner

81 - 100 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #81

this pic is about 10 years old when we first started

this pic is looking to the side as our track is ELL shaped. The boards got painted white a couple weeks later

this was yesterday when we finished ripping out the carpet..

finished pix to follow

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Additions...

We are also installing a ceiling fan to blow the heat down from the ceiling and hanging a monitor in front of our drivers area for lap and position updates.
our track isnt open to the public just about 6 or 7 of us (5 regular) yet it is nicer than ( or at least as nice as) most organised tracks.

We also have an outdoor track with a drivers stand 7' high with lights for night running. We run short course 4x4's (Losi Assoc, and Slash) in the summer.
heres a pic.

this from our drivers stand at nite. Wile E Coyote came in and watched a 6 lap race then was leaving but when we started the next race he came right back and watched from about 10' off the track...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
10 tooth pinion

Bud the 10 tooth pinion gear shows on your website but it still isnt "clickable"

·
Premium Member
8,168 Posts
Bud we will be placing an order for another car soon.
can we order it with
Truck body
extra foams
extra spurs and pinions
shall i just email it instead of using your sites shoping cart?

You dont sell motor and speed control combos by any chance do you?

our Carpet is ripped out and the new stuffs coming Monday :)
Best just to contact me :wave:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
New Carpet Pamoramic pix

The carpet is in
134 square yards or 36 X40 in the longer section 17X13 in the smaller part of the "ell"

Frank the installer
and soon to be racer.

looking north

Panoramic pic taken with iphone 5.
Now just need to get a layout strapped down and we are race ready!!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Race Ready!!!

Our new layout for the season opener next Wed

panoramic shot
Track all done just need to hang monitor from the ceiling for the scoring and put up a ceil;ing fan to pump the heat down from the roof.

BRP car all tuned for the season just waiting on some foams for the MRS4

This layout looks like it may be a bit on the open side but we change it up every 6 weeks or so , the next will prob be a bit tighter.
we added about 10 feet to the track and optimised the seating location for better visability.
cant wait.

·
Registered
20 Posts
We sometimes change it sooner if there is a lot of complaining. :tongue:
Can't wait!!! It all looks great. I see you're liking the camera in your new phone. lol

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
1/18 Mamba upgrades soon

I'm pretty sure most of you use a spec motor but FYI all the castle 1/18 products seem to be discontinued.....
I'm trying to find one for our newest racer Frank.
I called Castle and they are being replaced with 4 pole motors

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
New Bodies

Thanks to Mikedw for the paint.
The new trucks are sporting a woodgrain rear deck this year it kinda matches the workbench!!.
Pics of all to follow next race day as all the boys (and girls) get them mounted up for a photo op before we beat them to death...
We are 2 nites into the new race season and the new carpet is already starting to show the "line" as a slightly darker shadow. late start this week resulted in only about 400 laps being run.

81 - 100 of 132 Posts