Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to publicly thank Ron Wenger, aka VWowner, for sending me two JL Volkswagens. These are not just any old VWs; these are VWs that he has and which JL selected to produce, i.e. Your Car Is The Star. Sending them to me was very generous, and he even went and signed each card too.
Thanks again Ron, these will be displayed in my diecast showcase. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Those are some very nice "Special Addition" cars for your collection, David. Congrats!
And Ron, that was a very thoughtful gesture. :thumbsup:
Here ya go, folks. Two real 'stand-up' guys here on HT! :thumbsup:

·
2011 VW NB Final Edition
2,031 Posts
This is what this hobby is all about. Helping each other out. In the end, there just toys. It's the people that matter.

If you look at the engine lid on the Gray beetle, you will see a small wolf decal. I have this on the 1:1 beetle. It is the dealer decal from the VW dealer in Wolfsburg Germany. Jeff Koch thought it was cool and had the tampo put on the toy. They did label the package it wrong though. The beetle is a 65 not a 66. No one has ever caught that detail. 65 was the last year for the large hubcaps. They went to the four bolt wheels and flat hubcaps in 66.

There's your VW lesson for today.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Lpgeoteacher said:
Now you've got to get the GWF (Green With Flames) bug signed by his buddy Ron Easton!
I have one!!!!

Those are some sweet looking cars!!! I love signed cars, adds a story with the car :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts