Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It occurred to me today, while going from store to store looking at pegs full of new releases, that maybe this whole RC2 thing is actually a blessing. I mean, I went to two different WMs and a TRU today and found several brand new releases. Not only that, but a week ago, when I did the same thing, I also saw a bunch of new releases. To top it off, the releases were different each time I went. Last week I saw some of the Duke's series and some others and this week it was all new muscle cars, 70's muscle, MONC, etc. I spent many moments in anguish over the impending demise of my favorite brand and now it appears to be making a comeback. The cars are moving off the shelves and new ones are being put up. With this much volume getting moved through the stores, I think the profit margin for the JL brand will be much higher this quarter and this year. I don't think RC2 will sell JL anytime soon and I actually think that will be a good thing for our beloved little cars!

I guess what I really want to say is THANK YOU RC2!! :thumbsup: JL is not the same as it once was, but it isn't gone, and some changes seem to be for the better. Now if only RC2 could recast the '67 Shelby Mustangs!

1up

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Im with 1up here! Apart from the local little shop that always has new stuff, Ive seen A LOT of new stuff at TRU, all 3 WM's, and everywhere else lately. Not only has stuff been hitting the pegs, but it has been some nice stuff!!! Ive been trying to cut back, and its been hard with some of the excellent cars JL has put out this year!

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
It does seem to be selling good on some releases.I actually noticed that 2 local wm`s have put back out the `gold series` that had the yellow superbird in it.They said they just put them in the back because of the pricing problems.

·
Registered
255 Posts
glhshelby said:
It does seem to be selling good on some releases.I actually noticed that 2 local wm`s have put back out the `gold series` that had the yellow superbird in it.They said they just put them in the back because of the pricing problems.
I noticed the same thing at wally's by my house! Needless to say I was shocked. Although I didn't ask about it at the ones around here, they act like they don't know anyway :drunk: What was the price on yours? ours was $4.74 thought that to be a little steep.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Up here in Canada we have never had it so good. Frequent restocking by Walmart on the latest releases. In the past we had to wait months to get anything new and we were lucky to get one case. Had to be there when it came in or you were out of luck.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I saw a lot of new stuff hitting WalMart earlier this year, and they disappeared pretty quickly. Now, those same cars have been restocked, and they have been hanging there for the last 3 or 4 weeks. I see the same cars hanging in 4 different WalMarts. I can't explain it, but it doesn't seem like a good thing to me. I guess time will tell.

·
Registered
55 Posts
scrambler81 said:
I saw a lot of new stuff hitting WalMart earlier this year, and they disappeared pretty quickly. Now, those same cars have been restocked, and they have been hanging there for the last 3 or 4 weeks. I see the same cars hanging in 4 different WalMarts. I can't explain it, but it doesn't seem like a good thing to me. I guess time will tell.

I see this as a real problem. The people who want the new releases pick them up right away. They sell out so the stores restock with more of the same and then it sits there. With pegs still full no new product again for months or not at all.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
40Intrepid said:
Anybody else seen Gold Series in a Walgreens?
The one near me has a Buick T-Type and two GTO's hanging.

some have them some don't , I found the coronet but I still need the superbee , thought those were supposed to be TRU exclusives

·
Registered
971 Posts
40Intrepid said:
Anybody else seen Gold Series in a Walgreens?
The one near me has a Buick T-Type and two GTO's hanging.
Yup, out here in the Great Northwest saw one T-Type hanging in one of 4 Walgreens! Thought that was interesting...
Also, our TRU has been getting a LOT on new JLs too. The WMs have been getting them too, but picked over quickly since they are open 24 hrs. Seems to be looking up for JL at retail. Sure sorry to see Mac's leave 'tho :cry:

·
Registered
929 Posts
geman57 said:
I see this as a real problem. The people who want the new releases pick them up right away. They sell out so the stores restock with more of the same and then it sits there. With pegs still full no new product again for months or not at all.
This is happening here in my local TRU. With the four car sets, you get three of each per case. Usually most of the first case gets bought, but when the same case hits the second time, there's usually at least one model that won't move anymore. With 3-4 of the same car times 3-4 releases, suddenly there's a lot of peg warmers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts