Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now if my driver does not make it to the race for the championship, I can watch Football! Do you think the powers that be really thought that they could lose viewers??? What do you think? If Martin does not make it, the races may only be a commercial break look during Football season for me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think they were gambling that by going to a "playoff" structure, the playoff ratings would be higher then the "regular" season like other sports--as more is on the line, etc. But I think they forgot that NASCAR is and never was like other sports. :)

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I agree with Dave, If Ryan Newman dont make the top 10, my season just got 10 weeks shorter. Because who cares who finishes 11th thats as dumb as wanting your driver to finish second. :cry:

Fans are to loyal to there drivers they are not going to switch drivers just because there driver didnt make the top 10, they are going to watch football or spend time with the family or something besides watch a race.

Besides I dont have another $10,000.00 to spend on another drivers collectibles to support them. :drunk:

·
Registered
840 Posts
Just the fact that a driver that is 500 or more points behind could win the Championship is a joke. If someone other than Gordon, Johnson or Earnhardt wins, they deserve the biggest AND boldest asterisk next to their name.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want the driver that is 500 points out to win - then we will see nascar change their tune. FYI - if Martin does make it - watch out, he is notorious for strong finishes as the year ends!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts