Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys! Just wanted to share some stuff with you guys…if you don’t mind. I want to thank Eric T. (JLFT Team) and Dave Chang for stopping by and sharing with us their insight and perspective of the toys industry (and diecast in particular) from the inside. It was some of the most riveting and informative six hours of conversation on the hobby I’ve ever experienced. Coincidently I received my copy of ‘THE REAL TOY STORY’ by Eric Clark from Amazon.com yesterday. I read the entire book last night and much info that Eric T. and Dave shared with us was supported by the author’s own perspective of our hobby.

Seems like unlike the days of the past where the big toy companies debuted their new line-up at Toy Fair for us consumers to buy, the ‘Big 5’ (Walmart, TRU, K Mart, Target and KB Toys) now dictate what we’re going to see on the pegs and how much we’re going to pay. Icon toys and brands are susceptible targets for newer hipper trends from start-up companies…and the manufacture of 80% of all toys are now being assembled by hand with low wage labor in China. Quite interesting and sad in many way.

Now some of the fun stuff...

Thank Eric T. for showing us some of the new JLFT products and all the fun give aways! Also...THANK YOU for these cool 1st Shots!!

Dave...this piece means a lot to me.

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,828 Posts
Thanks Roy for inviting me over. I enjoyed listening to you guys talk. Eric and David had some interesting stuff to say. Also enjoyed seeing your collection. All I can say is wow ! The JL Full Throttle cars I received were pretty nice. I always thought they were more along the size of the HW G machines and never paid them much attention. After opening my freebies up I notice that they are a perfect match to go along with my BTM cars.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Thanks for having me over Roy.
The insights of Eric and Dave were very informative on the insides of the diecast industry. It was a fun and enlightening six hours. :thumbsup:
This was a once in a lifetime experience.
To see the portfolio of drawings and prototype cars from Eric. :cool:
And to see your awesome collection of test shots and prototypes was unbelievable.:eek: Wishful thinking for me
Thanks for the freebies Eric. :thumbsup:
It was great to meet all of you. :wave:

Bob

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
PWSchuh...you're funny...lol. I can honestly say that one 'huge' advantage we have here in Southern California is that it's home of many of the Diecast Companies! AND...if you can deal with the gangs and awful schools it's a plus.

Bob and Greg...you guys are real troopers and great folks. Thanks for dropping by and you guys are alway welcomed over :)

Greg, Eric, Bob and Dave

[/IMG]

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
i would have loved to be there. and sneek my jewlers saw in on what looks like a 70 blazer and cut them door open. nice pics thanks

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,828 Posts
Me being there can best be visualized by Star Trek. Imagine the "away team" consisting of Kirk, Spock, Bones, and Ensign Rusty. Yep, as they were discussing interesting stuff at Jada, interworkings of Mattel, and the finer points of the business strategy behind Foose and Full Throttle all I was able to add was stuff like, "So did you guys like the new Dukes of Hazzard series?"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts