Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Captain Fred said:
So Max & Brian,

Are you guys up for another meet, maybe next weekend?

Mike, so far to my knowledge I have nothing planned for next weekend...... lmk when you might want to get together bro.

I've got some work to do to Shawn's Tjet El Camino to get it ready for this coming weekend......

AND, I've got my last Claus Heupel VW Bug that I'm working on......hopefully it'll turn out to be one of my racers :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking that Saturdays would be better than Sundays. Then I wouldn't have to worry about getting ready for work early next morning. I would have been game for this weekend, but I had an extra busy week and haven't been feeling well, so I just stayed home and got some extra rest.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Captain Fred said:
I was thinking that Saturdays would be better than Sundays. Then I wouldn't have to worry about getting ready for work early next morning. I would have been game for this weekend, but I had an extra busy week and haven't been feeling well, so I just stayed home and got some extra rest.
This weekend was definately out for me......bad,bad weekend for me.....

I'd definately prefer Saturdays over Sundays for the exact reason you mentioned...work the next day ;)

I'll talk with Janet tonight and let her know that we're planning to run some slots next weekend.....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Saturday sounds good. Ive hooked in Brians power supply,All four lanes have a very healthy 17V, no fires...yet. :) Ill have the hook-in terminals in this week. Saturday we'll design an equal distance track config. Still waiting on LT components.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Cool beans, so Saturday it is then. I know that Shawn can't make it this time....he's got some community service to take care of. which is ok, because my time in the evening to work on slots so far is stretched.

I didn't get home until late last night.....and I've gotta run by the hospital tonight for a few minutes... and my friend Geno from Colorado is coming in tonight....

Looking forward to running some slots though...... anyone feel like doing some BBQ too?

Mike, I do want that WT Camaro bro...and those bodies that you're holding for me...... I've just had a rough time financially and otherwise since I last met with you.....so my cash has been beyond strapped.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Brian, those cars aren't going anywhere, so whenever you're ready they'll be waiting. Max, sounds good. I've never run on anything but wall warts, so it should be nice.

BBQ is always good, but I'll fine whether we eat or not. I just don't eat chicken wings. I could bring some liquid refreshments if you guys are interested. Early afternoon or....?

I'll bring a slightly different mix of cars this time. I haven't had a chance to oil & go over any of my fleet yet. It's been a busy week and I've been under the weather for the last few days. I should be in pretty good shape by Saturday though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Alrighty, anytime after noon will be fine. Haha Mike, Ill make sure to eat a HUGE pile a wings in front of you some time Heh heh. (Note: Never eat undercooked chicken ;) ) Hah. Please bring what sale items you can Mike, Ill browse them. :thumbsup: BBQ hmm, my pit is really a 1 or 2 person but Ill make sure we eat, there are plenty of squirrels around here. Lmao, Ill come up w/ something.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
LMAO....Squirrel is actually pretty good :thumbsup:

Saturday afternoon sounds good to me too...... I've gotta hit a salvage yard either Friday after work or early Saturday morning for that clutch fluid line for my truck.

Just lookin' to have a damn good time hanging out again running some slots.....

I've got a few new tools to show off to ya to Mike ;)

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MaximuM said:
Alrighty, anytime after noon will be fine. Haha Mike, Ill make sure to eat a HUGE pile a wings in front of you some time Heh heh. (Note: Never eat undercooked chicken ;) ) Hah. Please bring what sale items you can Mike, Ill browse them. :thumbsup: BBQ hmm, my pit is really a 1 or 2 person but Ill make sure we eat, there are plenty of squirrels around here. Lmao, Ill come up w/ something.
Wings don't gross me out or anything, I just don't care for them. I've had squirrel before. I'm actually pretty open minded when it comes to food. Ever had BBQ (not sure how to spell)raccoon? I have. Anyways, I'm not too worried about eating. I'm more interested in playing with little cars.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Well, today was another GREAT afternoon and evening filled with GREAT food,alcohol,laughs,friends and SLOTS!!!!! :thumbsup:

Thank GOD I finally am getting to know my way around tweaking a Tjet chassis. I built up a chassis for my last Claus Heupel VW Bug body I had....and it turned out to be a SCORCHER!

I shot a few pics...... and Max even set up his digital camera and shot a couple of short videos....one of which shows me slamming my VW bug straight into the camera lense :freak:

Hopefully Max can get those vids uploaded soon......

Here are the pics.....

First, Max's track and table.....

And pics of us ......

Max AKA "Maximus" on the left,then Mike AKA "Captain Fred", and me

Here's a pic with Max,Mike, and my buddy Shawn.....who isn't a Hobbytalk member yet...but I'm sure once he gets his first pc online this next week will be joining us here

I had a GREAT time guys.......

Brian

·
Registered
444 Posts
Don't tease us - give us a hint of how it went! A full report! ;)

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Wingless Wonder said:
Don't tease us - give us a hint of how it went! A full report! ;)
Well, honestly, we don't have any track timing set up yet.....and our lap lengths aren't really even at this point.....so we're pretty much just messing around still.

Mike and I were/are the only really somewhat experienced slotters at this point. Max is soaking up info like a sponge.....and coming along fast since working on his track.

Shawn is still real green.....but LOVES the hobby....and once he gets his pc up and going will be coming along like a freight train too I'm sure ;)

Then there's another friend of ours from work....Jayson, but at this point he's only able to come over on the rare occasion.....but LOVES slots also.

My dad is also a novice slotter......and hasn't been able to make it out just yet.....he's been busy with work and odd stuff lately.

We're growing.......just need a bit more time before we get real serious.

As for the racing, my Tjet bug whipped ass last night...and I ran on the longer lap length outside lane :tongue:

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Meetup #2.....

I had a great time! I need to start taking my camera along too. The "bug in the corner pocket" video was an excellent shot (sorry about your front end Brian!).
That little slammed T-jet bug of Brian's was running neck in neck with the magnet cars. I was impressed!

I think I showed up around 2-3 pm and left around 10-11 pm. Time flies when your having fun. We're still in the developmental stages right now, but we're moving right along. Max has the power situation well under control. I like the way he has set up the driver stations. Thanks to Brian for bringing all of us together and thanks to Max for hosting the best meetup yet. I think we have a good group going here. I'm sure it will only get better!

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Mike, no problem on the bug front end....lol, that's just racin' bro :thumbsup:

I need to try and get a bunch of those bug bodies from Claus.......they simply ROCK for customs...and obviously racing too hehehehhe

I need to get my room cleaned out considerably in order to set my track up......and I plan to start doing that today.

I sure wish that my dad and Jayson could have made it out. :(

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Bug bodies...

I need a Herby. I'm not much of a painter though.

I started cleaning my bedroom hobby area today. I've got some work yet to do on the garage before I can even think about getting another track set up out there. I'm setting up a small test track in here so I can get started on the lap counter & power supply configuration. I'm just going with multiple wall warts for now. I was thinking that my big track would be somewhat like what I had when we were running laps over here a couple of years ago. You guys are welcome to give me any imput (since you'll likely be running on it too).

I also just swapped out my old monitor with a 19" viewable one (the wife got a new flat panel one). I need to get my camera re-installed on my system, as well.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Haha, Yes the meet was great! Brians bug ran like a banshee! Knocked her tooth out in heated test runs! Mike brought a nice selection of goodies and bought a couple of new JL's. Thx Mike! Shawn had a ball and picked up some goodies from Mike as well. The food and brews were excellent. The video cracks me up hah. Is it possible to upload videos directly to this thread. Under 'manage attachments', It doesnt list any video formats ext's under 'valid file extensions'. Ill put it up if Im able to do it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mike brought a nice selection of goodies and bought a couple of new JL's. QUOTE]

Correction: I bought a couple of goodies from Mike. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
444 Posts
Sounds like you guys had fun, which is the important thing. You can start timing once you guys are all even up. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Max, I'm not sure and I really doubt that HT has the capacity to host videos.

You'll probably just have to upload them to "youtube" or etc. first....then post the link.....

As for being even up before we get to the lap timing.....well, I saw get lap timing going...and I'll take the longer lap outer lane to help even things up....because I doubt that the bug gets slower....lol.... :tongue:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts