Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally put a track together. The table is 29.5" X 71.5", and of course since I took these pics. and video I have changed it around some. Need a few more 3" sections to get it like I want it. It is fairly challenging for it's small size, and will be more so when I get it complete.

:dude:

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
No kidding!!! I was pleasantly surprised that T jets navigated those hairpins.. You have to drive them though!! Neat track Travis!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is the third configuration. Been racing it awhile today and I really like it. Had to take the chicane out under the bridge and use two 1/8th curves. Just couldn't get the track to fit in other spots with it in there. It is an odd size. I kept coming up a bit short or long in spots to get the track to fit in places. I measured the chicane and found the 1/2 inch", or the extra 2 1/2" depending on how you want to look at it. If it had been made a 1/2" longer it could have worked. And I added a second terminal piece so each lane would have independent power.

I wanted to use as much of the table top space as possible and make it challenging where you would have to actually drive the car. This works pretty good. Also, I know some don't like the orange guard rail, but I do. :tongue:
I'm gonna race this configuration awhile to see if I want to keep it before I attach it to the table. Also wondering if I should put carpet under the track to deaden the "clack-clack" sound. Also wondering about clear plexiglass around the table edge....maybe 4" high.....6"???

:dude:

·
BANNED
8,262 Posts
I'd say you got as much out of the space you have as possible. looks like a fun course.

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
Looks Great :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,558 Posts
Does look like a fun run... but if you have plans to run older AFX (older than Tomy style) or even Xtracs... you might want to reconsider the hairpin. I don't run them myself but have had a few pass through my hands and most if not all had issues getting through the hairpins. I had 5 hairpins on 1 layout at one point and went through an 11 step program to kick the habit. T-jets (what I run) are fine, Tomy fine, many others were a no go. They are FUN, but just a heads-up for you that all cars don't play well with them. :thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts