Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at an add in Fine Scale Modeler mag. for this line of paints that Testors says are exact matches for Hemi Orange, Grabber Green, Plum Crazy, and other OE manufacturer's colors.
Has anybody here tried them, do they work well?
I havent even seen them in the local hobby shops yet.
As a Mopar fan, I have a few kits I'd like to do in these colors. :cool:

·
Registered
359 Posts
40Intrepid said:
I am looking at an add in Fine Scale Modeler mag. for this line of paints that Testors says are exact matches for Hemi Orange, Grabber Green, Plum Crazy, and other OE manufacturer's colors.
Has anybody here tried them, do they work well?
I havent even seen them in the local hobby shops yet.
As a Mopar fan, I have a few kits I'd like to do in these colors. :cool:
Hmmm! Seems surprising, as I have found this paint in several stores in Indiana.

Art

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Some shops won't order these as it means adding another display to an already bursting Testor's display. However well stocked shops should have a few cans. Remember this is a 2 part system, basecoat/clearcoat. Some of the colors go on flat and need the clear coat.
THe color's are licnesed by the manufacturers so I would guess the colors will be pretty close.
I've heard a few of the brighter coors leave an orange peel effect that needs to be sanded out while others go on great.
Chris

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've used Testor's Grabber Blue for Chevrolet and Boyd's Blue for another and both colors are true as far as I can tell from the research I did. I imagine that the Chrysler colors would be true also. I found them at a Hobby Town USA.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts