Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so all you guys with the cool little shops and the project threads are making me jealous. for a while i've wanted to have a shop along the main straight of my layout... the building has been there, it just needs the story and the name and of course for me to actually get some projects done. so i came up with this idea for a shop name/identity, drawing on three well-known real speed shops for inspiration... what do you guys think? does anyone actually get the reference(s), or is it too much of a stretch?

opinions welcome...

--rick

·
Part Time Painter/Racer
8,702 Posts
Chevy dealerships- Nickey, Baldwin Motion, Yenko, builders of high performance muscle cars. They would take new cars and beef em up for retail sells!!! Late 60's and early 70's...RM

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Chevy dealerships- Nickey, Baldwin Motion, Yenko, builders of high performance muscle cars. They would take new cars and beef em up for retail sells!!! Late 60's and early 70's...RM
ding ding ding, we have a winner. :thumbsup: here's the respective logos for reference:

--rick

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
Awesome idea, and I've always had fun digging through the archives to check out some of your earlier custom work. I think it would be cool to have some of your earlier customs posted up here which would get the ball rolling, and give some of the newer viewers a warm up of your talents. the cream colored top down fairlane comes to mind right off the bat, as well as some of your minor tweakings with bubble top chevies to get them to look better. Brilliant work incorporating all 3 of them heavy hitters into one unique new company name!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Tyco & Mopar Freak!
4,913 Posts
Brilliant!!! I would like to do that with mopar, Chrysler, plymouth , etc.. :thumbsup:

Wes

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
aww, you guys... you got me feeling all warm and fuzzy. ok, so i'm gonna start a thread. i'm definitely gonna use the shop name above, but it may not be in the title of the thread... i've got some ideas to play with...

--rick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts