Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A 15 year old Craftsman snow thrower. It runs ok but has recently started leaking gas. I pulled the cover off and found gas poring out the carb / choke paddle. I am not an engine guy but it it sure looks like something is missing, a cover or air filter? I checked the Craftsman parts site and did not see anything that was missing on the diagram.

WHAT'S MISSING?

·
Registered
333 Posts
about the only thing that may be missing is maybe a cup or cover . Snow blowers do not have air filters, they would get wet and freeze and choke out the engine.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
It could be the float is failing, could be stuck, most likely it has a leak. Clamp off the fuel line, remove the bowl, release the clamp and watch the fuel flow(probably should catch it in something or do it outside), raise the float, if it shuts off the flow with minimal pressure the float is probably bad, if it doesn't then the seat is bad and you will need a new needle and seat, if it shuts off the fuel when you raise the float, remove the float(reclamp the fuel line first) and shake it to see if it has fuel in it or set it in a bowl of water to see if it sinks. You get the idea. Have a good one. Geo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts