Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay as most of you know i open almost all of my cars!! i have a question about test shot's! now i know there is really no kind of packaging out there for these test shot's.so i guess the lil box they come in with plastic on was sent out like that from JL?now my main ? is that if i open it will it decrease it's value?now it's a car that i may never sell but ya never know?? i wanna open it to make it look better and touch it!!! not sure what to do but i am very close to opening it!! i have much love for the turbo buick!! so i need some help here!! to open or not to open!! :confused:

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
you are a collector not scalper...open it,it's yours to enjoy,touch,inspect and roll around on the desk or table...heck,run it down a gravity track(with soft cushion at the big end).

personally...I would just have to open it,the little $$ you'll lose out on because it's been opened just dosen't outweigh the enjoyment a collector feels from enjoying THEIR diecast.

:cool:

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
open it please...for your enjoyment!

and another point I'll make is

the package it's in now is not original from the factory packaging,it's a package rc2 put it in here in the states to protect it until it arrives to the collectors HANDS
this car has already been handled by human hands...why not yours?

I'll bet most collectors expect a test shot to be loose,I have 10(1 is a thunder jet) in my collection and all are loose and have been handled.

:)

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
OPEN!!! It needs air to survive!!! Enjoy it, cherish it. Value is not only monetary, but how much it is enjoyed as well. I cant really see you parting with that one, well, maybe if you need a kidney or something, but eitherway, it is a very unique piece and should be seen in all its glory!!!

·
2011 VW NB Final Edition
2,031 Posts
If you don't open it up and let it breath...it will turn blue.....:p

I opened all of my test shots and they play well together.

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
I've got to agree here Greg, open it. You've proven many, many times already that the monetary value of these cars is less important to you, and besides, Test Shots seem to hold their value opened or not.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
you say you open all your other cars... so your obviously not concerned about value on those, whats the difference of this one that would make you hesitate?

I say open it and put it along side it's opened bretheren :)

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Triple 20 is dead on right. Any box that it may be in, was placed around it by RC2 here in the states, probably Oak Brook. All the test shots I have ever seen are stand alones that need to be held, touched, rolled and inspected. That is their job after all, to meet prelim guidlines so the final "OK" can be given.

Open it up and save the box if you want. I'm guessing the box is the same clear cube used on the Vette Fest casting this year? If so, that too is a generic box used for many, many things. Enjoy!:)

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Open your test shot and fully inspect - that's what "Test Shots" are for!! After your complete inspection (and enjoyment) display it next to its black GN brother (s). :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts