Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
One very cool thing that RC2 did for the collector community is start releasing these test shots and pro-production sample cars to the hands of collectors.

It's no secret ,we as collectors scoop these cars up as fast as we can...why?

I enjoy the thought of having pieces in my collection that are rare enough to be considered 1 of maybe 5,6 or 7 or even fewer.And when you can end up with 2 or more of these identical pieces...the adrenaline really flows.

I enjoy the bragging rights.I guess it's a way of showing off.It's a car thing.Car guys love to have bragging rights.

So,let's brag a little here in this thread,what's in your collection and why?

If you choose to participate...thanks in advance. :wave:

red test shots in my collection
2-1968 olds cutlass's
2-1969 olds cutlass's
1970 olds cutlass
1983 olds cutlass
1967 buick gs
1972 chevy chevelle
1961-62 lincoln continental

blue test shot
batmobile thunderjet 500 slot car

pre-production samples
lightning rods BWF's 1968 olds cutlass/2 red rims
hollywood on wheels Herbie the lovebug VW/different color and size tampos
firebirds R3 yellow 1978 trans am/no differences found from production model

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,828 Posts
I have a resin MB I got from matchboxtom. Not even sure what car it is but I just wanted a resin sample.

I enjoy seeing the pictures that guys show of their stuff.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Oooooh I'll play.

I don't have many- only two that I consider "test shots".

This first one may not meet your standards for a test shot, but it meets mine.
It came from the collector club, the old one. It is supposed to have a number on the bottom but instead are printed the word "SAMPLE" I ended up ordering another one to get one with a number on it :rolleyes: .

This next one is probably what you'd consider a "test shot"
It came from the dinner bags sold buy MH.
enjoy :thumbsup:

·
Registered
359 Posts
I have a pretty fair number of test shots, and preproduction samples. Slowly, I might let some pics get out of these.

You all surely remember who I am, right?

Art

·
Vacation Needed
7,577 Posts
I only have 2 pre-pros or prototypes. One is a WL Torino with clear blue rims all around, green tinted windshield and a white base. The other to my knowledge has yet to be produced Yellow Buick GSX.. Definately my favorite of the two.

·
Vacation Needed
7,577 Posts
LIGHTNING44 said:
Heres the ultimate Pre-Pro, and i meen ULTIMATE!!!!!!!!
Everyone Check it out.
Ebay# 200174778440

:woohoo:AMAZING:woohoo:
It looks like a cross between an Opal, a Firebird and a Corvette! :freak:

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
I had obtained two prepros from leftover dinner bags. One was a regular issue '59 Impala I think. I wasn't really into it so I did some research to see who would truly enjoy it, found out that Wyatt listed it in an answer to one of those 5 questions posts I think that he coveted a pre-pro or test shot Impala, so I sent it to him. :D The other bag had a prepro WL Chevy HHR gray version with white interior and white base. It's not really my cup o' Joe either but I may find a home for it at some point. Still it's the only official documented prepro I own for now.

1 - 20 of 157 Posts