Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
A very sad day.
I grew up with Monty Python, long before you guys in the US 'discovered' them.

He was just a naughty boy.

·
Elder Statesman
1,845 Posts
I was just about to celebrate my 45th anniversary of being a Monty Python fan, when I heard about the death of Terry Jones. It was once said that Monty Python were “The Beatles” of comedy, I agree. Each Python member had success on their own as well, Terry (both of them) were great directors, Jones was a great historian as well, check out his programs on The Crusades.
He was also the only member that felt Life of Brian was a little sacrilegious, just a little. My favorite of Mr. Jones was The Bishop from Monty Python’s Flying Circus, he will be missed.
This follows the death last December of Neil Innes, known to most fans like me, as the seventh Python. Not only was he in the fourth season of Flying Circus, he was in and wrote iconic songs for Monty Python and the Holy Grail, playing Sir Robin’s singing minstrel. I will always remember him for being and writing the great songs in Eric Idle’s Beatle spoof, The Rutles, where he played Ron Nasty, the John Lennon character

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
I'd read reports Terry Jones was suffering from a type of dementia, so I'm sure his death came as a bit of a relief to his family. I know I'd rather go quickly if I ever begin to suffer from a progressively debilitating disease.

I always appreciated his considerable talent, and his legacy will continue to provide people the world over with laughter for years to come. His life made a positive difference in many of our lives.

·
Super Moderator
23,605 Posts
VS Adm is asking that we make these type of mentions about changes in the community thread feedback so they can be catalogued and addressed as the weeks go on. We Are Live - Community Feedback

I'vw learned to quote messages so I will quote this over there. But it would be helpful if you can follow up there and tell us what your status was as for as the title.

Currently the system is being tweaked for member 'awards' and I also asked for a review of lifetime membership benefits and bringing them forward. Some of these will occur as the system sorts through the data and makes changes based on the numbers and levels it finds. This will take sometime to complete.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts