Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
….or maybe something like “where’s my big quarterly check for the "3"?

I know, it sounds like I’m still beating the same old drums regarding the villains involved in “officially licensed products” - and you’ll just have to forgive me if that’s the case. I just figured you guys would be interested in the latest episode of greed coming out of Daytona Beach.

http://www.action-performance.com/Home/about.asp
http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idCNBNG8275320091007?rpc=44

NASCAR owns ISC and Speedway Motorsports as well as Motorsports Authentics. It appears that even the mighty NASCAR organization is tired of making the big payments to Teresa E and other "name" drivers. When NASCAR cornered the die cast market by buying the two heavy hitters Action Performance & Team Caliber they apparently didn’t see a recession in the future. No tears being cried for them up here. Action Performance more or less helped ushered in all the licensing lawyers in the 90’s, that in turn have had a completely negative effect in the R/C world. It was like a feeding frenzy - with some of the nastiest most arrogant people I've ever met in my life.

I’m grateful to you guys for your support by allowing our company to move toward “brand X” body styles. Fortunately the world of R/C on-road has also been accepting of the same type of marketing. Otherwise, I’d surely be working in some other industry.

Thanks again!

Dale - Protoform

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Dale, with the quality and the performance that are in your bodies, you dont need to put some big companies name on the package. Just keep turning out the awesome bodies that you have and we will keep buying them!!! Build them and they will buy !!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL Keep up the good work.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Dale I Have Only Been Racing Oval For 2 Years Now And Since I Enjoy Painting The Bodies So Much I Usually Buy A New Body About Every 2-3 Weeks Thats A Lot Of Bodies In 2 Years But I Have Never Ran Any Other Body Than A Protoform... Keep Up The Good Work Your Bodies Are Superb....

·
Registered
609 Posts
Rip --offs

Dale You Probably Dont Remember Me But We Talked At A Couple Of =snowbirds In Tampa Fl ==you Explained To Me What That Little Oval Circle Was ??? Decal===dale For Over 10 Years You Have Been Getting Ripped Off By Exorpanent Fee' S Charged To You== Everytime You Came Out With A New Car== Toyota Example ===your X Cars Are The Greatest ===c-hd Especially===you Know What We Need For Rc Racing ==so Keep Up With The X Cars ===dom

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
….or maybe something like “where’s my big quarterly check for the "3"?

I know, it sounds like I’m still beating the same old drums regarding the villains involved in “officially licensed products” - and you’ll just have to forgive me if that’s the case. I just figured you guys would be interested in the latest episode of greed coming out of Daytona Beach.

http://www.action-performance.com/Home/about.asp
http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idCNBNG8275320091007?rpc=44

NASCAR owns ISC and Speedway Motorsports as well as Motorsports Authentics. It appears that even the mighty NASCAR organization is tired of making the big payments to Teresa E and other "name" drivers. When NASCAR cornered the die cast market by buying the two heavy hitters Action Performance & Team Caliber they apparently didn’t see a recession in the future. No tears being cried for them up here. Action Performance more or less helped ushered in all the licensing lawyers in the 90’s, that in turn have had a completely negative effect in the R/C world. It was like a feeding frenzy - with some of the nastiest most arrogant people I've ever met in my life.

I’m grateful to you guys for your support by allowing our company to move toward “brand X” body styles. Fortunately the world of R/C on-road has also been accepting of the same type of marketing. Otherwise, I’d surely be working in some other industry.

Thanks again!

Dale - Protoform
Hi Dale, call your bodies whatever you want, I don't care, I'll run 'em because they're second to none.

Btw, you have a PM.

Steve.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
i agree ,, protoform bodies have been on several of my rc cars since the early 90s,, with the old vortex wedge and the proform openwheel when i was running dirt, up to now since 95 i have been using them on my pancars,,, and loving every minute of it. keep up the great work, and i keep buyin.

BIGDON

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
you could put me on the header label in a pink thong and guys would still buy them up!

NUFF SAID!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
katf1sh: you could put me on the header label in a pink thong and guys would still buy them up!
Oh man.....here I've been thinking all along that it's a real blessing to have a good imagination. Just found out it's a curse! :drunk: lol!

Dale

·
Registered
980 Posts
If they keep playing the same song, keep beating that drum!

ProtoForm is unbeatable for looks and performance, THANKS Dale!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Dale you should possibly look into getting back into dirt oval. The late model class has really taken off. Need to talk to Rob Cuttman at Custom Works about doing some late model bodies for DODC.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
you could put me on the header label in a pink thong and guys would still buy them up!

NUFF SAID!
Yikes! Thank goodness for price tags! That's where the hobby shops will stick them on the header card. LOL

Keep up the good work,Dale! Just like everybody said,it doesn't matter
what you call your bodies. Keep pulling them & I'll keep buying/running them.
-George

1 - 13 of 13 Posts