Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The pipes are made from aluminum tubing i get at hobbylobby. And i am thinking about painting this car pink.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I love the pipes.

I think it has that subtle drag racer look with the wheelie bars.

I'm not being criticle but would like to see a more realistic spoked wheel in the front. The rear has the chrome rim of the wheel showing and it appears to be a spoker.

I'm sure any color will set this piece off but to tell you the truth, the bare metal look adds a little mistique to the project.

I'll ghive it a 91/2 out of ten.

Gonzo

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gonzo, I think you are right about the front wheels......I will have to see if i have any spoked wheels for the front in my collection...Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
I like it alot, how about trimming the glass at the side so you don't see it!
I'd like to see it flat black with the side pipes polished out!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
That's pretty sweet! You guys need to have before/after pics for us newbies so I can see what it looked like before you started.I love the raked stance you have on that one.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
AWESOME! If you can't find any skinnies for up front, let me know and I will rip something apart and send them to you! Are you leaving the wheelie bars black? Helluva car!!

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
What a cool car! I really like the way you've got the exhaust ported through the body like that. I would never have thought of it.

Pink on this caddy would be smoooth...

·
Registered
350 Posts
This one is a tough call.... A super bright in-your-face color would be great for the track, but if it were for more of a street race setting you'd have to go with the subdued look of a flat black.

I'd have to build a second one and do both paint jobs, lol

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Great job on the Caddy, side pipes set it off....Any Color you pick will set it off

Im planning on my a few Sleepers with the new Blue 64 Impala

1 - 20 of 22 Posts