Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I have read through all the posts here about boosters & receiver packs & still am not sure what I need to go with.

I am going to be running 13.5, 1 Cell & I have a Tekin RS speed control. I really do not want to run a recevier pack & have something else to charge but if that is the best way to go I will.

Do the boosters work OK now with the Tekin RS's? Can you still have the cut off safety on?

My car is all set minus the booster or receiver pack & I want to get which ever ASAP.

Thank you guys!
Shaun N.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
SMC lipo RX pack charge it one a night allso has on off switch 25 from Lefhander.

I have used both on a Tekin they both a booster and a RX pack will work .

Jake

·
Registered
26 Posts
Personally i went out and bought a Losi 7.4v 300mah battery and wired it with a switch and a charge lead so i can leave it plugged in to the Rx and still charge it (when the switch is off). I can run it easy 6 four minute runs without charging it. Total cost...$31

Corey

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Ok guys, I have read through all the posts here about boosters & receiver packs & still am not sure what I need to go with.

I am going to be running 13.5, 1 Cell & I have a Tekin RS speed control. I really do not want to run a recevier pack & have something else to charge but if that is the best way to go I will.

Do the boosters work OK now with the Tekin RS's? Can you still have the cut off safety on?

My car is all set minus the booster or receiver pack & I want to get which ever ASAP.

Thank you guys!
Shaun N.
buy the novak smart boost and your set!!! if you want a little extra left side weight then buy a receiver pack!! that would be the only reason you would need one!!!! smart boost is a little bit more expensive but totally maintenance free!!!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Shaun, my dad and I have ran both, and I am running a receiver pack with my RS. Talk with Kevin B as he has lipo receiver packs for 6 bucks, charge them before you get to the track, don't have to re-charge them all night.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
the ohp booster has been working great for me for weeks and it's easy to hook up.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Agree with Cory... Ran the Rx pack for awhile, changed over to an ohp booster and haven't had any issues to speak of.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I spoke with Ty at Tekin last week and he recomended TQ Cells booster, so that's what I bought. I put in the car on Thursday and it works great, and it is so easy to install. I would definately recomend this option to anyone.

BTW: Thunder Power 5000 40c, 13.5 Duo, RS Speedo.

John :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Ran RX packs for a while, but have since switched over to boosters. Much easier, no extra pack to charge. have used both TQ and Dimension engineering boosters.

John

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
question

Thank you for the reply's everyone, looks like both will work fine & that is what I was knd of looking for. Thank you also for the booster replies as that is what i think I may lean towards. Thanks Again!
Shaun N

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Thank you for the reply's everyone, looks like both will work fine & that is what I was knd of looking for. Thank you also for the booster replies as that is what i think I may lean towards. Thanks Again!
Shaun N
you might want to have an extra booster handy. they ohp's and tq's have been known to go up in smoke for no reason. i'm not saying their bad but i've seen a few of both have this happen and i do no that both suppliers will stand behind them should they fail. just send them back to them and they will replace them. great service by both dealers. :thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts