Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have the Tekin R1 brushless SC yet? I'm just curious how it does and where to get them.

DZ

·
Registered
363 Posts
Not released yet. They keep pushing the date back—now it's "early Februsary." I guess we'll see on that one. They have been saying "end of this month" since September... I gave up on waiting and bought a Novak.

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Yeah But Id rather a company push release dates back and get a product that works properly.. Instead of some disasters Ive had in the past where the companies did little to no R&D work..

·
Registered
363 Posts
Well, it's not like the Novak is unproven or untested. If Tekin keeps delaying ALL of their products, they are going to lose a lot more sales than just mine.

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
I never said the novak was unproven. I run one myself. I havent run a tekin or run for tekin since the early 1990's . What I am saying is.. If there is a delay Im sure there is a reason for it.. Id prefer to have a delay over say>>>>what happened to 2 of my cars due to initial faulty spektrum antennae design.

Id rather an R&D team break stuff than ME..

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm real anxious to see the tekin. Do they have any team drivers that are testing them?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Agreed. Send incomplete and untested products to the market too soon, and you may as well be called Microsoft. ;)

However, if you are a company with a strong following like Tekin, stop advertising and promoting products that you are unable to deliver when you say. The "artwork" and specs on these speedos has been around since before the Chicago Hobby Show last fall, and Tower and other retailers have had them listed for months now. They keep pushing these back further and further, and are starting to sound like Losi.

Beginning of February is almost the end of the winter season, and no one has still seen a live, working product. They don't even have their case shapes determined yet. They have been teasing me for months, and my patience has run out. I love Tekin products, but it was time to fish or cut bait...

Grab a glove and get in the game, Tekin.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
I thought they were not going to be brl legal as well.. I had heard they are to programable, and will be an advantage ove the current esc's..

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
When I talked to Sonny last he said that they would not be legal for THIS yr. BUT once he gets access to one to test then he would make a decision for next yr. That is what I was told a couple wks ago at least.

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
My LIMITED understanding of it was that the tekin is a SENSORLESS controller.. So in theory you could get more aggressive with the timing and peak rpm etc..Im a newb on BL..but that was how I understood it to be..

·
Registered
746 Posts
I've been in direct contact with Tekin, They refused to release the first batch of ESC's due to the 2000 boards that wer'nt right! As a team driver for them there's no one more anxious then I am specially with the snowbirds right around the corner!! lol Sounds to me like the first you'll see of them will be at the Birds, Like said in above post...I'd rather it take longer, just as long as there right. ZUBAK.

·
Registered
572 Posts
It sounds like the tekin will be a noticable advantage over the novak and lrp speedo's. I dont think they are legal for the birds.

Joe D.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
This is off the "BRL Rules package Part 1" Thread. According to this they wouldnt be legal until april at the earliest:

Sportsman Stock/Pro 4300

Novak:
NOV3205 Super Sport Brushless ESC
NOV1705 Super Sport Plus Programable Brushless/Brush ESC
NOV1710 GTB Programable Brushless/Brush ESC

LRP:
LRP 80500 Sphere Brushless ESC
LRP 80700 Sphere Competition Brushless

(Note: The BRL will review Impact parts for approval in April and September of each year. New ESC’s will be evaluated over this season and may gain approval for the Sportsman Stock and Pro 4300 in April 2007

1 - 16 of 16 Posts