Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so i got this engine finally running on a wood splitter after i replaced the ign. coil, and cleaned out the carb.
runs great at start up, approx. 3-5 minutes, responds well to throttle adjustment etc.
after 3-5 min. it starts cutting out, gradually losing power and then stops.
let it sit 15 min., starts right up runs great and repeats the above.
i've had the carb off multiple times, readjusted the coil gap to .010" with no help
anybody got any ideas?? thx

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no luck, the cap doesn't seem to have a vent hole to the atmosphere. i loosened up the rubber gasket & aluminum disc.
started it, ran well for over 5 minutes, did a little splitting, then it started running rough and missing? i loosened the gas cap while it was running - no sign of pressure relief.
1-800-stump the stars

·
Registered
103 Posts
ck the fuel tank for debris and the carb bowl water or dirt can cause these results even after cleaning the carb it only takes a little water to drive you crazy good luck

·
Registered
1 Posts
well, it seems that it has something to do with the fuel, right? did you check that the engine isn't overheating? did you drain all oil and replace? did you use old gas with new gas? if so, drain ALL gas (even in the carb) and replace with new gas. if you did all of this and it still dosn't run, check to see if you are missing sompthing right under your nose. on my mower, i sis all of these things before taking it in. it turns out that it was a stripped spark plug hole, sompthing i knew. done all of these things, take it \in to ur local engine repair shop and have them check it out.
good luck dude:woohoo:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts