Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Ryobi lawn mower with a tecumseh 6.5 hp engine in it and Im trying to get the governor to work correctly.it seems to run good but bogs down in the grass.I adjusted the governor spring arm both ways but that didnt work. Any ideas ?...Thanks....Jim

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is the tecumseh governor adjustable or can you just adjust the speed with the governor. The more I read about it thats all you can adjust. Is this correct ?....Thanks.....Jim

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Is the tecumseh governor adjustable or can you just adjust the speed with the governor. The more I read about it thats all you can adjust. Is this correct ?....Thanks.....Jim
Once the governor is set it should not be changed any speed adjustments are done with the throttle linkage, if you have a mower without any throttle adjustments usually there is a metal tab on the inside carb to manifold bolt, the tab can be bent to increase rpm, if you have moved the governor arm post the engine numbers and we will find the manual for your engine. Have a good one. Geo

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nothing on the governor adjust has been moved and the problem is not the speed. The engine rpm is just fine, the problem lies when you go to mow the grass and the motor boggs down even in short grass. Maybe its not the governor at all I just dont know where to go next.....Thanks .......Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts