Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two Toro self-propelled 21" old machines. One engine's cylinder walls have been judged to be scored thus not practical to rebuild. That engine's model number is 100-11079D setting on a Toro chassis that is rear-wheel driven.

The second machine (inaccessible at the moment so I can't get it's model number) looks identical but sets on a chassis with a front wheel drive. I do know that the flange assemblies that the Cylinder assemblies set upon carry different model numbers.

What I'm trying to determine is, if I repair the second engine on the front wheel drive chasis, can I just remove the cylinder assembly (the entire engine save for the flange assembly) and bolt it to the flange assembly on the rear wheel chassis... and expect it to power that mower without incident?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just got back into this project. I apprcaite the reply. Need to get more specific now.

The 1st engine is a Tecumseh TNT100-10079D. The 2nd - also Tecumseh - is setting on another Toro model 20673 618264 (perhaps thos last 6 numbers are an engine model number?). I need to find the service manual for this second machine and the parts list for both of these in order to determine if the motors are interchangeable. I assume that I'll find different base or flange numbers but the same block. I think all I'll need to do is verify the crank shafts have the same number as well.

I'm opon to suggestions and could use a hand being pointed toward the manuals please.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts