Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I posted in the wrong forum so I am reposting this.

I am rebuilding a TVS90 (rated 3.8hp) for my parents mower. I got a deal on a new shortblock, but my problem is my original flywheel(aluminum) center hole is too big for the crankshaft taper. The flywheel is for electronic ignition and the hole is 5/8" The smallest part of the taper on the new crank is 1/2".I can't use the old crank. The output side is too short on it for my project.
What flywheel will work (I want to keep elec..ign)? A guy on ebay was talking about an insert may be needed, but I don't know if he meant for the flywheel or what (he was selling a flywheel).
I have worked on many engines and usually I am a Briggs flathead man, but this Tecumseh has been, shall I say, challenging. I am guessing this is some old style shortblock. Is there a easy / semi economical solution? Or am I in search of that unobtainuim part?
The shortblock is a sbv329 for tvs90 and lav35 and I think the crank in it is a 33153(not sure about crank number). I need to have the longer 3 5/32 crank output for a self propelled mower. Original crank was 2 9/16, which is too short for the self propelled mower.

Thanks in advance
Mowing with scissors
Shawn

·
Registered
165 Posts
you need the correct short block as the same model engine is bult to diferant specs for difarnt end users it sounds like your crank on the short block is points spec not elecrronic hence why the flywheel will not fit go back to where you bought it see if you can get the correct block it will save you a lot of work

bill

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's sorta what I concluded also was that the block is for points and my flywheel is electronic. Wonder why they decided on a different taper for electronic?

Thanks
Shawn

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
found the part numbers for the insert. I don't have ant idea if they would work, but I will share the numbers.

611014a adapter sleeve which fits on a AH600-1631 according to Partstree.
That engine appears to have had either points or electronic ignition.

611032 is another adapter sleeve. I couldn't find what engines this was in.

Intresting info. I am waiting for a response from Small engine warehouse about a refund.

Shawn

1 - 5 of 5 Posts