Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you please check this stamping also. 1433E4G.

Is there anywhere online to cross reference these myself or do I need a manual ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Finding the right Tecumseh replacement carb

My first post here... hope I'm doing this right? I want to replace my Tecumseh carb, the rebuild didnt work so well. The number stamped on carb is 1430A0P,
but I cant find that model or a cross reference # anywhere. It's off an old Snapper snowblower, 4hp.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks. Jep

·
Registered
192 Posts
you need #s off the engine cover, should be on top by the plug or on the side some where, since it is a 4 hp the numbers should start with H40 or HS40 there will be 3 groups of numbers you need them all.

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
My first post here... hope I'm doing this right? I want to replace my Tecumseh carb, the rebuild didnt work so well. The number stamped on carb is 1430A0P,
but I cant find that model or a cross reference # anywhere. It's off an old Snapper snowblower, 4hp.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks. Jep
Tecumseh Carburetor with a mfg number of 1430 shows to be a Tecumseh 632371A

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
30 yr is that chart online? I used to have a copy but can't find it,
No, At least not one that I could find. I used to have the microfiche and printed cross reference but I also no longer have these. I do have an old computer parts look up, but it's only current to 2004 that has the cross reference.

You can however find it at many online sites that have parts look up for Tecumseh. I use partstree.com then select Tecumseh and use the mfg no. (in this case 1430) in place of the model number. You will get a list of ALL matching models that contain the number 1430. At the very end of the list you will see 1430 mfg no. Click on it and it will give you an IPL of the carburetor with the cross over to the Tecumseh carburetor part number, as well as a list of engines that it was used on.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have it on fiche also but don't have a reader anymore, wonder how many on here have used the fiche, that was like high tech when that first came out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts