Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Tecumseh 9 HP 4 cycle engine 143.039005 on a Sears Snowblower C950-52109-1.
While in operation the engine just died. While checking it out I noticed that the lead coming from the Alternator coil (18 watt) and out from the blower housing was swinging in the breeze under the fuel tank. There is nothing obvious that it was connected to so something must have fallen off? There is a screw/bolt hole on the blower cover with no screw/bolt. Was something attached there?
Can anyone help me with either a manual (the Tecumseh site doesn't recognise model 143.039005, nor does the Sears site) or advise what the yellow lead should be connected to?:confused:

·
Registered
85 Posts
If that's a 9 hp,it must be an old one. Be forewarned many parts are no longer available for that engine. I found a parts diagram for that one at outdoor distributors. Here's the link: http://www.outdoordistributors.com/pdf/Tecumseh/CRAFTSMAN-MODEL-143.039005-PARTS-LIST.pdf

I'm not familar with Tec. engines that much,but if the engine in the link is the correct one,maybe one the guys here can tell you what the yellow lead/terminal attaches to. It could be a charge wire,or possibly a ground for shutting it down.
Did you check for spark after it died on you?

·
Registered
98 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts