Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, newbie here on this site. I need to do a top end rebuild on my rider mower. She's smoking and using oil excessively.

Can anyone point me in the direction for parts for the said machine? I know it's a Tecumseh engine and I have the model # but not handy right now. I brought it back to life after a warped head had retired it for a newer mower that I hated. I don't care to go to Sears as they're higher than a kite on parts it seems and this should be common engine, right?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I guess my experience has been limited with Sears parts but maybe they're not as bad as it seems if your experience says so.

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
Well if you have a local dealer thats your best source for parts, they can help you identify the parts you need and there is generally no shipping charges on parts that are not a special order. I have access to many lines of retail parts pricing and have found that Sears sells most of their parts at the MSRP, but if you order online chances are you will also have to pay shipping.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have any local suppliers so I'm going to pay shipping on something anyway be-it parts, sending cylinder for bore/hone. Joys of living in rural America. I can do the removal and reinstallation no problem, just gotta find where to get some parts. Thanks for your help, it is appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts