Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next week we will introduce our new "Build-A-Ballistic" program to our store. This program allows customers to completely customize a Ballistic motor from the factory and have us assemble it for them.

The components that can be selected are:

~ wound Stator (16 choices)
~ bearings (ceramic or stainless steel)
~ rotor (3 choices)
~ input harness (3 lengths)
~ motor sleeve (5 choices)

~ +1300 graded rotors (NYA)

When we get the program on-line I will post a link. We also plan to offer customized motors to racers who wish to purchase Ballistics in quantity. Some international customers and tracks may run different winds---9.5 or 11.5.

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
TeamNovak's Innovative Build-A-Ballistic Program is on line

Build-A-Ballistic™

Novak is offering customers the opportunity to customize their own Ballistic motor with Novak's new, exclusive Build-A-Ballistic™ program. Because of the Ballistic Brushless Motor's ingenious rebuildable design, drivers can choose among dozens of options to create their very own personalized Ballistic Brushless Motor.

The benefits are obvious! Only through Novak's Build-A-Ballistic™ program can racers pick-and-choose among specialty hand-wound stators, upgraded ceramic bearings and improved, superior-quality sintered rotors to create their own perfect motor.

To ensure the highest quality, each Build-A-Ballistic™ motor is built by Novak motor-assembly experts. Each motor is custom built, individually timed -- based on your chosen wind -- passes numerous stringent brushless motor tests and includes a 120-day warranty.
If you have suggestions or questions about the program, please post them here.

·
Registered
905 Posts
You had me sold until I didn't see green as a sleeve option....lol

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are they Dyno tested before they ship?
What difference do the other rotors make? Larger Dia = more torque less RPM???
All of our motors are dyno-tested as part of our standard manufacturing processes. The larger dia rotors offer more torque; we offer our Crawler Ballistic motors with the 14mm rotor installed.

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are these graded rotors balanced? As in gauss being matched or really close?
I will ask the guys who do the magnetizing and grading.

These are the same rotors we use in our motor manufacturing, but we ordered them not magnetized and do the mag and grading here. Apparently, the grading yielded quite a few rotors 1280-1299; not so many 1300+.:cry:

I haven't heard that we do anything more than check them with the Z meter and certify that they will be 1300+. We have sold out of this batch of rotors (S5952), and have returned the listing to pre-order status.

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
is the ballistic faster than the ss pro?
is the timing adj on both?
Many racers report that the Ballistics are faster, but we do not market them as higher performance motors. We use a type of US sourced wire for our windings with a very high copper percentage, which may account for better performance.

The Ballistics have much greater timing adjustability than the earlier motors, which were originally designed not to allow timing adjustments. A tech article (PDF) on Ballistic timing is linked from this page:

Information Updates

·
R/C Nut
653 Posts
Is there a way to buy Just the "custom" wind stators? Like 25.5 on the website.The stators I saw were the std ones

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Is there a way to buy Just the "custom" wind stators? Like 25.5 on the website.The stators I saw were the std ones
We have currently grouped our Ballistic replacement stators into four separate listings: Racing, Spec, Specialty and Crawling. You need to check the Specialty listing for the 25.5.

Ballistic Specialty Hand Wound Stators

1 - 20 of 36 Posts