Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Team21 is a small bull ring clay speedway in Catskill NY. This is awesome clay track with a race groove of 75 ft.. This is a fun track for all that want to come and play on. Cars must be electric.
Anyone interested in starting a weekly race probably on Sun nights or forming a club for the kids please call me , Bill Lutes 518 821 3544 cell for info and lets see what we can start .
1/10th scale , Losi mini sliders or 3 of a class will run.
We will need to set up some of the basic formats to make this work so please call if interested and lets keep the kids off the streets.
Bill

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow....am I the only RC racer in the Catskill area looking to race this summer ???
Come on people I know some of you have electric race cars B2's B3's, B4's what ever
get involved......
Bill

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So far I have 3 or 4 of us looking at Sun afternoon starting in May. I am open for idea's on a cheap way to keep track of counting laps. In the real old days we used to use the clicker counters that a buddy would count for the racer that was up. I do have the wire under the track but no system to hook up to. Any idea's welcome.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well , I have run a local ad and so far got a few people interested. Ernie Palmer a Leb. Valley runner and his kids are a definate. Idid recieve about 5 ph calls from interested racers or wanna be racers, but who cares as long as they are interested, might lead to them having Fun. No one will be turned away. I do have 5 house cars to help anyone out that wants to give it a try and see if racing is for them,
I'm thinking of a 4 min time trial to see how many laps can be turned and set up heats by skill from that. Just a thought at this point. Any input welcome......
If you think your interested in racing here at Team21 Speedway and want to see this track, send me a e mail asking and I'll send some pic's
Bill

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well a couple of people that contacted me are interested in this as a club , but have a beginning of a race track at their house as well here in Greene county NY. They are hopeing to also get some laps on their clay.
Does anyone know of a transponder counting system for sale used.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Bill that sounds like fun. And another track in the area would be nice. Ill definitely try to make it down when you get going and try to get some others to join me.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You will really have fun. NO cut throat racing here just fun. No counting system. This track has great clay and lots of bite after the sun goes down. Track lites for night racing. The race groove is 75 ft... We have had a few quad series races here in the past and hope some events can be held here this summer. You north boys need to voice your opinion to make it happen.
Are all the event schedules done already ? Include Team21 for some racing. Any dates you guys want to set aside to come play , let me know. Sunday afternoons are best for me, but I can work with you.
Send me an e mail and I can send pics of the track.
3 of any will make a class.... electric only.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You will really have fun. NO cut throat racing here just fun. No counting system. This track has great clay and lots of bite after the sun goes down. Track lites for night racing. The race groove is 75 ft... We have had a few quad series races here in the past and hope some events can be held here this summer. You north boys need to voice your opinion to make it happen.
Are all the event schedules done already ? Include Team21 for some racing. Any dates you guys want to set aside to come play , let me know. Sunday afternoons are best for me, but I can work with you.
Send me an e mail and I can send pics of the track.
3 of any will make a class.... electric only.
To all new RC racers, if you want to try this hobby out without the money investment come to Team21 and rent a house ride to see if this is for you. Bring thekids and let them try there luck out. Over the years I've seen young kids get into this hobby and give them a way to be involved in something constructive . Get involved with your kids, bring them for a day of fun.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
May is coming fast and I'm not hearing from too many of you RC racers. All it takes is some communication. So get in touch and communicate with me, I don't read minds.
I'm really trying to make a day of fun during the summer, but not by myself.
Get involved

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I have been working on the track and it's ready to drag and will be ready for action on any day. I regret I haven't had any input from all you hard core racers [ I thought ], but we will have our fun here just the same . I am just surprised I am too far or no one is into racing.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Phil
Thanks for the help.... Hope all are inclined to come play. Sundays would be best but ask and we'll work on any dates you can make it.
A drivers work bench in the plans very soon .
Take a look at the pic's Phil posted for me and let me know what you think.
Bill

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update..

The driver work bench and computer cabinet are built. The bench is 2 x 12.
I just bought a new I-LAP counting system. I have 4 transponders but anyone that thinks they want to come race should look into buying one. The ones the club uses will not work. The transponders are only $40 and can be bought from WWW.RCLAPCOUNTER.COM
Track is ready for racing.
Bill

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got the track race ready , but need you guys and gals to get in touch with me to set a date to come play. I know it's alittle far from Albany, but heck if a blind old guy can travel up there I'm sure you can make a 45 min ride to Catskill. Lets pick a day and do some racing. Sun are best for me but if you want a week day at night thats fine too. Talk to your buds , e mail , whatever , lets race.
Bill 518 821 3544

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We had a group of 5 that ran tues from 5 to 9 . didn't use the lap counter cause we were all too busy just having FUN. We ran all retro rides to keep it pretty even but it got competitive just the same. I put out the losi mini sprints for the 2 little nieghbor girls to have a go and boy did they have a ball. The one girl ran so much the brushes worn down to where the car stopped. She is 7, and her sister 10, It was the first real night of playing but it was a blast. No track prep was needed cause it rained hard earlier today, it had tons of bite and came in great. Very smooth.
We ate some dogs and chips that we grilled while batt's were charging, so it was just all out fun.
I tried out a different putnam ride that I'm making my house car but it will need alittle more tweeking to get it where it needs to be.
Scott H. called and is planning a trip down soon, maybe to try out his new Apex car. Hope some of you can make it down.
Bill

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
5-16-10 Team21 Speedway Race [ FREE FOOD ]

Trying to put together a race and BBQ on May 16 th at 1:00 pm...
Run what ya brung , EDM's , REtro's, Late models, sprints, etc. 3 makes a class.
BBQ , free food, [ sausage, peppers, dogs, burgers, salads ] need a head count though so I know how much to buy. Please call or e mail me.
Bill L. 518 821 3544
[email protected]
Hope you can make it....

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
All is ready for the race day. They say build it and they will come. I'm not sure that is a true statement ??? I haven't heard from any of you racers. I did all I can and busted my butt, now it is up to the racers to show. I didn't ask for any help or money to to this, so I'm dumb founded why no replies. Don't tell me it's too far when I know how far you guys travel to go race. What's the problem, maybe it can be resolved ????
Bill

·
Registered
525 Posts
would love to bill however this weekend i have had plans to head to nyc. heading down not long after i send this. hope it all goes well and i will catch ya later buddy. def plan to come down at one point

1 - 20 of 195 Posts