Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay i plan on ordering a Losi 8ight in the next few days and i was curious if any one could tell me what shock pistons and what shock springs are included in the kit, any help would be gr8.

Thank you,
David Washburn

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i heard they are good so i figured id get one but i just wanna know what springs to order so im curious what comes with the kit so i dont order a bunch of the same

·
Registered
329 Posts
the kit comes with silver and green both front and rear, these are all that most people are using. the kit setup is good but the DRAKE "the drit" setup is what I like the best so far

-Tracey

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks man that is what i needed to know also it prolly comes with all of the pistons for the shocks or does it only come with one set

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats another thing i was curious about, is some of the hop ups people are doing to make it a better buggy if you have any suggestions that would be gr8

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Heatseeker said:
I would get the King Headz KP-230 - Losi 8ight Rear Radio Tray Stiffener in order to prevent any servo problems.

What is the problem they are having with the tray and servos? :confused:

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
not it is for the throttle servo, for when it fully extends so it dont flex the servo tray, the jammin has that problem when u apply full breaks, it flexs the servo tray

·
Registered
258 Posts
the losi 8ight is a great car. I race one. the problem is that alot of people have thottle servo problems when set up per instructions. this is easy to fix. start by using two shimm under the servo to get the servo off the chassi. use the kingheadz sevo brace. cut the spring so it does not bind the servo, and set the brakes toward the front. set epa so the radio tray does not flex. make sure the carb is set straight and the carb does not bind when the servo goes to full thottle. make sure the linkage is also straight. do not use the rubber grommets. and tighten the servo screws till they just touch the servo tabs. and use the included servo horn.

this may seem like a lot but it fixed the problem for me and i have had no problems since. this will also save you the price of a good servo.

the other thing was i used a servo with a heatsink case. you will be vary happy with this car and good luck racing.

·
Registered
351 Posts
not really,i think if you just use the rubber mounts on the servo it should be fine.i have not yet had any trouble with mine.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
cool man thanks, are you going to run the factory tracks series this summer, im gonna try to make as many of the races as possible, since woor shut down i dont have many places to run there are alot of people trying to get tracks going around here but none are built yet.

·
Registered
351 Posts
yes I am factoroy tracks all the way baby!!!!!!!this series should be lots of funn!!!we are really looking forward to it.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yea, thats cool, i just ordered my 8ight and im gonna be going to leisure hours on the 11th of feburary to run it, an im gonna try to do the factory tracks but im not sure how it is gonna play out right now

·
Registered
100 Posts
Cooter said:
What is the problem they are having with the tray and servos? :confused:
ive got 2 gaqllons and 4 races on my eight and have had no servo issues....from what ive read this is a problem on the rtr version not the kit version....and it was due to the servo hittting the top of the chassis and in certain impacts it messed up a servo..the cure was to use spacers or the rubber grommets that come with the servo's

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
motopro said:
ive got 2 gaqllons and 4 races on my eight and have had no servo issues....from what ive read this is a problem on the rtr version not the kit version....and it was due to the servo hittting the top of the chassis and in certain impacts it messed up a servo..the cure was to use spacers or the rubber grommets that come with the servo's
Good to hear someones burnig up some nitro. Do you like it more than the mugen? Seems like those shock towers kinda sit up high! That front driveshaft has a big angle! I am no engineer though. They look sweet and the fast guys got um. Do I need one? Hope you had a good holiday. Weres the next race? see ya
Jason

1 - 20 of 21 Posts