Hobbyist Forums banner

361 - 366 of 366 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hey Tyler, I have a question for you. When you set up your gears, are you going for top speed or acceleration? The reason why I am asking is because I found an article that states that if you want top speed, use a bigger ratio using bigger pinion and a smaller spur. For more punch and acceleration, use a smaller ratio using a smaller pinion gear and a bigger spur gear. John

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
in our summer series: the Florida Triple Crown series ( 2 CRC carpet races and one non CRC carpet) my BAX3 finished 3rd overall. I did not attend the third race on the non CRC carpet.
In our Wednesday night series (best 4 out of 6) I again finished 3rd overall.Thanks to Olddude for the set-up info. I worked better for me over Dumpers earlier set-up info. The last race I did a group of 5 laps at 3.3. I have not done that until that race. I was stuck on 3.5's and moved to 3.4's. This is not bad for a road course guy trying to learn about oval racing.The guys I'm racing have been racing oval for many years.The only oval racing I ever did for years was Legends.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hey Tyler, I have a question for you. When you set up your gears, are you going for top speed or acceleration? The reason why I am asking is because I found an article that states that if you want top speed, use a bigger ratio using bigger pinion and a smaller spur. For more punch and acceleration, use a smaller ratio using a smaller pinion gear and a bigger spur gear. John
The gear ratio depends on the track. I listen to my car and compare it to other cars as I'm driving it and try to determine if I'm close on gearing. I try to get my car to constantly increase it's speed down the straight reaching top speed before I enter the next corner. I don't want the car to be sluggish out of the corner. It takes time to find the correct ratio for a particular track/motor/timing combination.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Hi all...not much activity here in a while. I'm wondering if the BA3 is still being raced competitively, and if the 3.1 updates ever materialized? Or maybe there were some running changes. Anything new in the works?

Thanks, Denney

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi all...not much activity here in a while. I'm wondering if the BA3 is still being raced competitively, and if the 3.1 updates ever materialized? Or maybe there were some running changes. Anything new in the works?

Thanks, Denney
I would like to know as well if an update is planned for Battleaxe and Razor
idbdoug

361 - 366 of 366 Posts