Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry guys but I'm just celebrating the fact that yesterday I discovered my 8th yellow taxi amongst the peg warmers at an out of town TOYS R US. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Discovered my 9th Crown Victoria taxi today hidden in amongst the Hot Wheels cars at my local TOYS R US. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Nice! Taxi's are a ghost around here lately. They were all over the place when they first came out, people must all be building up their taxi fleets!

·
Registered
161 Posts
yea man!! Im in georgia and I have been getting every one I see. I have 6 now, and check out dollar generals they just got some shipments in! Hey I guess. whats the recolor going to be ???????? I hope a very yellow checkered cab!!!!!

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is the green VW new or older? It looks similar to one released some time back.
I bought the green VW taxis in 2008 here in Oz.

I like having fleets of certain models but I only have one or two of the
new yellow Taxis. I won't make a fleet because the roof piece seems ill-fitted.
I know what you mean but that's how they look in real life here. Like a badly made after-thought.

But if you're happy, have at it! Enjoy the hobby!
Yeah I feel that they are the only decent modern American cabs that Matchbox have produced.

Cheers. :)

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
They did use a Mexican taxi (VW Bug) in the movie "The Arrival" with Charlie Sheen.

Aliens in Mexico and other 3rd world countries heating up the earth with green house gasses to terraform our climate into theirs.

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
I only have these two recent ones, but that's only because I haven't been back into collecting for very long.

I'd love to find the Checker, VWs, and Yellow Ford too, and I'd REALLY like to get my mitts on an old Lesney '64 Impala Taxi!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts