Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Starship Class
12,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
NOTE: Please do whatever you wish with these screen caps--I can make no claim on them and I'm glad to make them available here. No permission from me is necessary if you wish to alter them, post them elsewhere or whatever. There are larger versions available in my gallery (or by removing "/medium" from the URL). If you want larger still, PM me and I can email you larger versions. No copyright infringement is intended and these are posted for reference purposes only.

Some screen captures of the USS Huron from ST:TAS episode, "The Pirates of Orion:"

·
Starship Class
12,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The automated cargo ships from "More Tribbles, More Troubles:"

·
Starship Class
12,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The aquashuttle from "The Ambergris Element:"

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Those are nice! Thanks for sharin', Lee. :)

I keep hopin' that someone will make a 1/1000 scale kit of both the Huron and Automated freighter.

·
Starship Class
12,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Griffworks said:
I keep hopin' that someone will make a 1/1000 scale kit of both the Huron and Automated freighter.
Oh, if only! The automated freighter would probably be the easier of the two and wouldn't be terribly large in 1/1000th scale.

Lloyd Collins said:
Really nice reference material.
I love your Kirk shot, with the life support belt on.
Thanks, Lloyd--I couldn't resist putting Kirk in an airless environment. :p

Yeah, you know, as we've discussed before, the TAS series has its crude (inexact) drawings and such but it's got a definite degree of coolness and neat stuff that, combined with the usually excellent stories, made for a fun series. :thumbsup:

·
I make movies
2,575 Posts
Hahaha, that Kirk shot is great. Looks like he got stuck somewhere and is calling a cab. :p

I've been meaning to build a CG version of that Huron freighter and the automated cargo ship. This should be some great reference to add to the pile. Thanks! :thumbsup:

·
Starship Class
12,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nova Designs said:
Hahaha, that Kirk shot is great. Looks like he got stuck somewhere and is calling a cab.
Thanks, Nova!

I've been meaning to build a CG version of that Huron freighter and the automated cargo ship. This should be some great reference to add to the pile. Thanks! :thumbsup:
I've seen one CG version of the Huron out there on the net somewhere. IIRC, the fellow made it look like a model sitting on a shelf or a table--pretty cool.

As far as exterior shots are concerned, I think I've got them all here for you. It's about all the info anyone has to go on.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
It's a force field, silly. :tongue:

Seriously, tho, I'd guess it's literally based on some sort of force field technology in the belt control unit that also somehow manages to re-oxygenate what's trapped w/in the field. Why they didn't just put the characters in space suits is beyond me, but those Life Support Belts looked kewel to me as a kid. :)

PerfesserCoffee said:
I've seen one CG version of the Huron out there on the net somewhere. IIRC, the fellow made it look like a model sitting on a shelf or a table--pretty cool.

As far as exterior shots are concerned, I think I've got them all here for you. It's about all the info anyone has to go on.
Joseph C. Brown (whom I'd love to get posting here again!) scratchbuilt the Huron in 2005 and took it to WonderFest. He did a great job on it, too. :thumbsup:

Now, if we could just get him to kit that thing....

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
[IMG-LEFT]http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/attachment.php?attachmentid=35881&stc=1[/IMG-LEFT]

Griffworks said:
. . . Why they didn't just put the characters in space suits is beyond me, but those Life Support Belts looked kewel to me as a kid. :)
Didn't they have those in Xanadu?

·
Banned
4,621 Posts
There are some really interesting things in TAS and I'm certainly intent on adapting them into my TOS/TMP Starfleet Command Library project.

·
Starship Class
12,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Olivia wouldn't look near as good in a spacesuit. :tongue:

Great to hear you're including TAS in your project. I've always had a soft place in my head--er--heart for TAS. Many of the ships, if only slightly modified to bring them more into line of ST tradition, would make great "real-life" vehicles.

·
Starship Class
12,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
The speed boat may not work all that well hydrodynamically but it sure does look cool! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts