Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi folks,

It's true that the Target cars in the acrylic cases are slightly different from the regular versions. You already know that the Camaro has Cragar Street Lites and a black interior (vs. white).

Both the Escalade and the 350Z feature Cragar REV rims and painted grey interiors. The regular issue cars have Real Wheels and black interiors.

[url="http://www.toycarworld.com/doc/SEscalade1.JPG"]http://www.toycarworld.com/doc/SEscalade1.JPG[/url]

[url="http://www.toycarworld.com/doc/S350Z.JPG"]http://www.toycarworld.com/doc/S350Z.JPG[/url]

Would I put the same exact cars in an exclusive item?

Mac

:)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No increase.

hoosier-lightning said:
Welcome back! Now tell us about the % of WLs in the Greatful Dead Series? Is it increased or was the total run increased making more WLs appear?
Thank you. I'm glad to be back!

There was no increase in the percentage of WLs for the Grateful Dead program. I don't know the total production.;) Sorry.

Mac

·
Registered
808 Posts
Is there anybody dying for these Camaros,there are two at my local store,as of today,I would trade one or both for something Mopar I don't have,assuming they are still there tomorrow.

Is it possible there could just seem like more WL's due to a change in distribution practices?(ex.-Walmart only,new stores carrying them or the same ones increasing orders)

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
stopped by a bunch of targets today looking for those.finally found them at the 4th one.they had 2 of each,picked up one of the camaros.i did notice that they all had recently got new stock in though.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Still waiting around here to see them. Not enthused about those wheels on the Z, but might pick it up anyway. Gotta get the Camaro.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
If I remember right the box says "free car" (correct me if I'm wrong). These cases are $7.99 at Target with the car and $5.99 at TRU without the car. I guess the price of free is $2.00. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
rlyoung1 said:
If I remember right the box says "free car" (correct me if I'm wrong). These cases are $7.99 at Target with the car and $5.99 at TRU without the car. I guess the price of free is $2.00. :rolleyes:
I always wondered what the price of free was. Thanks for filling us in! :D

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
rlyoung1 said:
:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Hey Mac, you took those pics with the cars sitting on a Thunderjet pullback box... JL wouldn't be thinking of releasing more slot car bodies on pullback chassis, would they?

Just fishing... :rolleyes:

--rick

·
Registered
223 Posts
Wow! thanks for the up-date. I wasn't aware that FREE meant $2.00 (LOL),

I gotta run down to the local pub, they are selling free beer!

:drunk:

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
9 years ago, totally different hobby back then. Target had their own variation on certain castings, I know KB toys had unique variations as well. Now we are not only missing the product, but we are missing the stores as well?

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
I was just thinking yesterday I miss KBToys and PlayCo, I miss Target carrying JL, GL and M2, better selections at Wal-Mart and Toys'R'Us, and flea markets/swap meets having multiple diecast vendors. I blame it on the economy more than anything though. From a retailer standpoint, if the product was not selling, why buy more? A lot of people got into and back out of the hobby in the 90's and early 2000's. Now what's left is a small percentage of us hardcore collectors and we feel somewhat left out in the cold. It was a great time, that's for sure. I never thought I'd say I miss Clue, Monopoly, Greatful Dead, Coca Cola, and Poker sets, but I do now for sure.

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
I was just thinking yesterday I miss KBToys and PlayCo, I miss Target carrying JL, GL and M2, better selections at Wal-Mart and Toys'R'Us, and flea markets/swap meets having multiple diecast vendors. I blame it on the economy more than anything though. From a retailer standpoint, if the product was not selling, why buy more? A lot of people got into and back out of the hobby in the 90's and early 2000's. Now what's left is a small percentage of us hardcore collectors and we feel somewhat left out in the cold. It was a great time, that's for sure. I never thought I'd say I miss Clue, Monopoly, Greatful Dead, Coca Cola, and Poker sets, but I do now for sure.
I think of all the time I spent building my Monopoly collection? Target exclusives, KB exclusives, and even ToysRUs had two 1/43 scale exclusives.
Every car, in all the different releases, and WL variations as well. And we all use to say, I'm getting tired of all these Monopoly Cars?---Go Figure?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts